National News Conservative Party

Yep, I remember one day driving out of the Lincoln tunnel into Manhattan seeing incredibly wealth ahead of me and people asleep in garbage cans (yes I picked up the lingo) to the left of me. A staggering polarised country wealth wise.
I’m in SF right now and 2 mins in one direction from the hotel is beautiful high class living and 30sec in the other is some proper 3rd world poverty. Quite shocking the depth and breadth of poverty, homelessness etc here.

• React
Reactions: QR
Quite apart from the extreme polarization, the other terrible thing about the US health system is how staggeringly expensive it is. Last time I saw the figures, the US spends approximately 2.4x per person what the UK spends, and the general outcomes across the whole population are worse. The US government spends more per person on healthcare than the UK does (this is mostly to pay for the Medicare and Medicaid programs for the old and the poor respectively). The amount of money that disappears into the massively bureaucratic billing system (as well as into the pockets of pharma and medical device companies) is, quite frankly, absurd.

As someone who has a good job, an employer who pays for my health insurance and who lives in a state with a great medical system, I have to say that I get amazing healthcare.....

.....but anyone who wants to reproduce the US' healthcare system in their own country is either ignorant or just plain nuts!

Quite apart from the extreme polarization, the other terrible thing about the US health system is how staggeringly expensive it is. Last time I saw the figures, the US spends approximately 2.4x per person what the UK spends, and the general outcomes across the whole population are worse. The US government spends more per person on healthcare than the UK does (this is mostly to pay for the Medicare and Medicaid programs for the old and the poor respectively). The amount of money that disappears into the massively bureaucratic billing system (as well as into the pockets of pharma and medical device companies) is, quite frankly, absurd.

As someone who has a good job, an employer who pays for my health insurance and who lives in a state with a great medical system, I have to say that I get amazing healthcare.....

.....but anyone who wants to reproduce the US' healthcare system in their own country is either ignorant or just plain nuts!
The fact that health care is tied to your job must make people fearful of stepping out of line, especially as firing is much easier there.

of course whilst the Tories are talking about cutting people from government to pay for tax cuts (in the most economically illiterate ways) remember that all those that resigned from paid government roles (ministers, PPS, etc) are getting massive pay offs. Michelle Donelan who was only Education Secretary for 35 hours (appointed to replace Zahawi, then resigned less than 2 days later) is getting £16000.

of course whilst the Tories are talking about cutting people from government to pay for tax cuts (in the most economically illiterate ways) remember that all those that resigned from paid government roles (ministers, PPS, etc) are getting massive pay offs. Michelle Donelan who was only Education Secretary for 35 hours (appointed to replace Zahawi, then resigned less than 2 days later) is getting £16000.

Blimey. 25% severance for leaving office regardless of length of time in the position.

Just another example of the imbalance between politicians pay structure and “normal life”.

I suppose her giving it to a local charity is something positive.

Hopefully all this sort of nonsense will be squashed by Labour.

Blimey. 25% severance for leaving office regardless of length of time in the position.

Just another example of the imbalance between politicians pay structure and “normal life”.

I suppose her giving it to a local charity is something positive.

Hopefully all this sort of nonsense will be squashed by Labour.
Yes but private schools are charities so 🤷‍♂️

It's taxpayers money so should go back to the treasury.

Yes but private schools are charities so 🤷‍♂️

It's taxpayers money so should go back to the treasury.

Well, if there is no stupid rule about not being able to reject the payment, I totally agree.

• React
Reactions: QR
If Rishi does win the vote I can’t see any change on what we’ve got now he out rages up and the NI and he’s not reversing it.

Nothing is perfect. I think it would help people to be more responsible if it was a private health insurance system.

I would say 'wow' but actually it's doesn't surprise me after 12+ years of Tory rule. AND IT'S ONLY GETTING WORSE!!!

Except its not true is it? Its remained constant between 2008-2017 and got worse in the EU.
  • Persistent poverty rates in the UK in 2017 are comparable with levels in 2008, while Eurostat reported an estimated increase of 2.6 percentage points for the European Union (EU) over this period to 11.3%.

Source: https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopula...h/articles/persistentpovertyintheukandeu/2017

Not "stephanomics".......... :ROFLMAO: :)

Except its not true is it? Its remained constant between 2008-2017 and got worse in the EU.
  • Persistent poverty rates in the UK in 2017 are comparable with levels in 2008, while Eurostat reported an estimated increase of 2.6 percentage points for the European Union (EU) over this period to 11.3%.

Source: https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopula...h/articles/persistentpovertyintheukandeu/2017

That is not comparing the UK with the EU. Read this. You've just proved it's correct!!

Last edited:
Y

You are not listening, are you?

The point is that the POOREST fifth of the population are now much poorer than most of the poorest countries in Central and Eastern Europe. Therefore if you are defined as poor, then you wouldn't be anywhere near AS poor IF you lived in one of those countries. Are you happy with that?

What this does is illustrate the growing poverty gap that has been propagtated by the Tories over the last 12 years, whilst creating x more million and billionaires over the same period.

Thats the issue - the poverty gap is widening.

But I guess you knew that and chose to ignore it :unsure:

And in any case, those lazy good for nothing paupers only have themsleves to blame and their way out of poverty is enitrely and solely down to them.

Just like ALL those poor kids (every single one of them) who made good from the 60's . . . all on their own . . . no doubt:ROFLMAO:

Y

You are not listening, are you?

The point is that the POOREST fifth of the population are now much poorer than most of the poorest countries in Central and Eastern Europe. Therefore if you are defined as poor, then you wouldn't be anywhere near AS poor IF you lived in one of those countries. Are you happy with that?

What this does is illustrate the growing poverty gap that has been propagtated by the Tories over the last 12 years, whilst creating x more million and billionaires over the same period.

Thats the issue - the poverty gap is widening.

But I guess you knew that and chose to ignore it :unsure:

And in any case, those lazy good for nothing paupers only have themsleves to blame and their way out of poverty is enitrely and solely down to them.

Just like ALL those poor kids (every single one of them) who made good from the 60's . . . all on their own . . . no doubt
:ROFLMAO:

Well the state won`t give them "more" so its down to them to graft and take opportunities.

And why are all these Central/Eastern European folk jumping on dinghy's from France to get here to be "worse off" may one ask?

Well the state won`t give them "more" so its down to them to graft and take opportunities.

And why are all these Central/Eastern European folk jumping on dinghy's from France to get here to be "worse off" may one ask?
They’re not.

Back
Top Bottom