National News The YF Conservative Leader Poll....

Who should I vote for in the Conservative leadership ballot?

• Rishi Sunak

Votes: 21 42.9%
  • Liz Truss

Votes: 20 40.8%
  • Scrawl "Boris" on the ballot

Votes: 8 16.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Essexyellows

So Rishi or Liz?
Or scrawl "Boris" across the paper in protest?
Your vote matters and I will respect the majority when the ballot paper arrives.

So Rishi or Liz?
Or scrawl "Boris" across the paper in protest?
Your vote matters and I will respect the majority when the ballot paper arrives.
I think for the Tories to be decimated even further than Boris managed, I hope they go with Truss, she's utterly vile, and dangerous.

Mind you, Labour have such a long way to go with the re-build, and I'm not a fan ok Kier, but at least he has far more principles than the entire Tory party put together, oh, and less lies to cover up.

Truss please...

Truss - purely because she has an Oxford connection
born here only because her father was working at a college (co-incidentally the same one she went to) here before moving away. Both (/all 3) went to Oxford University colleges.

born here only because her father was working at a college (co-incidentally the same one she went to) here before moving away. Both (/all 3) went to Oxford University colleges.
She was born here though ;)
(neither Truss nor Sunak would be my choice, not that I am or would ever be a tory party member/voter- the MPs have imposed an, IMO, rather crap pair for the 150k or so party member to choose from)

..... Its a rarity ( John Major being an- one of the few exceptions) that a UK PM isn't an 'Oxford man/woman'

Oxford produces PMs- Cambridge produces spies - apparently

She was born here though ;)
(neither Truss nor Sunak would be my choice, not that I am or would ever be a tory party member/voter- the MPs have imposed an, IMO, rather crap pair for the 150k or so party member to choose from)

..... Its a rarity ( John Major being an- one of the few exceptions) that a UK PM isn't an 'Oxford man/woman'

Oxford produces PMs- Cambridge produces spies - apparently
Indeed. 11 out of last 14 (soon to be 12 out of 15) PMs have been Oxford (3 from Balliol), only Major, Brown, and Callaghan the exceptions (2 non degrees, 1 Edinburgh - incredibly Major's highest qualification was a "correspondence course in banking"!).

I'm taking it this is only an advisory vote (and therefore does not have to follow the stricter rules of a binding vote). ;)

Simple majority vote based on the hard reality that neither was my personal preference.

Those of us who accept majority decisions and due process don`t need to complicate things.

Back
Top Bottom