Ex-Staff Chris Williams Leaves

In the notes today ? Which bit exactly. Any examples on here you can point me to ?
See a post on page one with an article written by Chris William with the customer remark as above.

See Tim Williams' program notes here where he goes out of his way to suggest football fans give thanks to a referee who was taking charge of his last game (he got that wrong) whilst making no mention that it was also the last day of a guy who's been here over two decades.

Then put 2 and 2 together and get 4.

The bit he wrote about looking forward to return "as a customer" is a pretty big clue if you've been paying attention. If it's amicable he wouldn't put that dig in.

Are you not over thinking it ? We are all customers after all. Maybe because I’m an employer, as opposed to an employee, but everything is weighted towards the employee nowadays. If a long term employee of OUFC leaves it always seems there has to be a sinister motive behind the scenes. Let’s say CW announced he was leaving of his own accord to better himself, it would be thanks and back slapping all round - no mention that he’d be quitting on an employer who’s given him a livelihood for 25 years.

A sad loss; Chris has been an important part of Oxford, though at times I felt that he looked at games though yellow tinted specs! Do we know why he is leaving; what is more tempting (or rewarding)? And is anyone lined up to write all the communications to the media? Bad timing with the head groundsman also de[parting this week. I guess the club hasn't announced this because Chris was the man to make announcements. May have to listen to Jerome Sale (not easy up here in Cheshire!) for updates

Are you not over thinking it ? We are all customers after all. Maybe because I’m an employer, as opposed to an employee, but everything is weighted towards the employee nowadays. If a long term employee of OUFC leaves it always seems there has to be a sinister motive behind the scenes. Let’s say CW announced he was leaving of his own accord to better himself, it would be thanks and back slapping all round - no mention that he’d be quitting on an employer who’s given him a livelihood for 25 years.
One very naive employer if you cannot see what is actually going on here.

Do we know why he is leaving; what is more tempting (or rewarding)? And is anyone lined up to write all the communications to the media?
He’s going to be the general manager of a National League club.

The new media/comms person is lined up but their arrival date isn’t sorted yet. They’ve been working in Scottish football.

OK, take 5 minutes and just summarise my naivety. Give me the concrete evidence that I’m wrong. No guesswork, no sensationalism, just pure hard facts that back up your opinion and destroy mine. ,

Clueless..

What about if the club think they have someone better lined up ? That is allowed you know. An employee can improve his/her self just as an employer can improve themselves.

Clueless..

But you can’t back it up. Present the facts rather than heresay. What’s clueless about what I’ve said there ? I’ve employed people for 40 years and that’s just basic business. Longevity doesn’t supersede quality in my opinion. It’s served me well anyway.

Chris Williams IS Oxford United.

He’s served the club for 20 odd years and the chairman decided to use his ‘notes’ to commend a match officials career, instead of a man that has lived and breathed OUFC for so long?

Are any of us happy with this?

So far under Timmy they have managed to see off the following long serving staff:

- Head groundsman
- Accountant
- 2 fans who were raising money for the clubs charity.
- Head of communication (the irony)

I can see things turning toxic very quickly if questions aren’t answered at this fans forum.
without CW kinda filtering Qs, as he has done in the past. TW , GF et all are going to be right in the firing line for some very awkward questions at the F F...- from the Manor days doesn't that leave just PRB* as the remaining sole OUFC staffer?

* there's a few matchday stewards left from the Manor days, at least for now

Last edited:
Sad day. Good luck Chris and thankyou for your service to OUFC over the years. Fwiw I love the customer comment, very subtle but highlights the issue at hand.

We are the chairman's last priority and Tim Williams is totally out of his depth. Only heard awful things about Benson too.

OUFC is extremely well funded by a generous board, unfortunately those funds are being wasted by incompetent or non existent staff at the top who don't understand how a League One football club should operate.

We need the owners to come back and overhaul Neil and Tim, invest in that area of the club as much as we do with Cams wages and we'll start going places.

without CW kinda filtering Qs, as he has done in the past. TW , GF et all are going to right in the firing line for some very awkward questions at the F F...- from the Manor days doesn't that leave just PRB as the remaining sole OUFC staffer?
Yes,... & I hope whoever goes & asks questions.
Really hammers home critical questions.,

What about if the club think they have someone better lined up ? That is allowed you know. An employee can improve his/her self just as an employer can improve themselves.
Naive. That is what I said, and that is what I meant. You obviously don't know Chris as well as many on here do.

without CW kinda filtering Qs, as he has done in the past. TW , GF et all are going to right in the firing line for some very awkward questions at the F F...- from the Manor days doesn't that leave just PRB as the remaining sole OUFC staffer?
As they say, I have a bad feeling about the Fans Forum. . . . .

Back
Top Bottom