EPL Chelsea handed over to trustees

Wonder what will happen to Chelskis share of the gate receipts. I would give it to Ukraine appeal.

Thing is - Chelsea's share of the gate receipts from this tie would be about 300k.
According to most current estimates, they have a wage bill of 28m - so those gate receipts would pay their team for approximately 8 hours!

But that was just an utterly absurd request to make. I'm not sure they were due much sympathy before that, but trying to screw Boro over just eroded what little they had left!

In general, I think I've changed my mind on Chelsea.
I was thinking that it would be a bad thing if the club went to the wall......because I don't think any set of football fans deserves to lose their club.
But maybe, just maybe, if they did it would make administrators and fans think harder about who is owning their club? If Newcastle fans knew that they were one massive Saudi atrocity and the ensuing international sanctions away from their club no longer existing, might they just be a little less enthusiastic to roll out the red carpet?

If Chelsea FC going to the wall is the price for top level football in this country stopping and having a damn good think about who is bankrolling it, then that's seems a fair bargain to me.

If only they published the route of the coach and timings, all other football fans could line the way and wave at them.

Logical route would be M1 to Sheffield and M18 across to A1(M).

Shift the kick off forward to 1pm - allow 2 hours for pre-match "stuff" they would need to arrive at 10.30am or so..... leave Stamford Bridge at 5am or so. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Logical route would be M1 to Sheffield and M18 across to A1(M).

Shift the kick off forward to 1pm - allow 2 hours for pre-match "stuff" they would need to arrive at 10.30am or so..... leave Stamford Bridge at 5am or so. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

A normal leaving time for a Plymouth fan then.

Apologies if this has been covered before. Now Chelsea have reached the Semi Final (presumably to be played at Wembley). Are the club allowed to sell tickets? Or will we just not see Chelsea fans there?

Correct, Villa and somewhere up north.
Villa Park shouldn't be anywhere near holding an FA Cup semi, it only holds 42K (well, according to Wikipedia). If you want southern grounds, then look either at Spurs or Arsenal, both 60K+ (or even maybe West Ham). For northern grounds, either of the Manchester teams or Anfield. All would have the capacity to do it.

Villa Park shouldn't be anywhere near holding an FA Cup semi, it only holds 42K (well, according to Wikipedia). If you want southern grounds, then look either at Spurs or Arsenal, both 60K+ (or even maybe West Ham). For northern grounds, either of the Manchester teams or Anfield. All would have the capacity to do it.
I thought the FA Cup semi finals at Wembley was supposed to be temporary to refill the FA's coffers after the cost overrun. Did they eventually sell Wembley?

Also does it really need to be the play-off final location for all the leagues, Conference, Papa Johns Trophy final and the FA Vase final?
About the only thing that does make some sort of sense is the double header (can't remember what for is it FA vase and FA trophy) where they have two games on the same day with each set of fans getting 1/4 of the ground.

Currently approximately 47,000 according to this with plans to expand to 52,000. It would be good for both semi's to be outside of London with the Final obviously being in London.

Back
Top Bottom