EPL Chelsea handed over to trustees

What about Chelsea being allowed to take a flight up to Middlesbrough? That probably cost a bit more than 20k. The rules are being bent left, right and centre. Probably because they are a global "brand" or some B*****s.
Apparently, the flights were booked and paid for well before the sanctions were announced. Apparently.

With today's news that abramovic has changed his stance on the £1.6bn he is owed by Chelsea, this apparently threatens to delay/disrupt the takeover talks currently taking place.

Putting aside the likelihood that the lawyers will work something out/deadlines are extended etc...
.......what would be the course of events should a sale not be agreed by the end of may?

With today's news that abramovic has changed his stance on the £1.6bn he is owed by Chelsea, this apparently threatens to delay/disrupt the takeover talks currently taking place.

Putting aside the likelihood that the lawyers will work something out/deadlines are extended etc...
.......what would be the course of events should a sale not be agreed by the end of may?

I wonder if this was what Mad Nad was referring to? Chelsea may be in real trouble of going out of business or at the least severely cutting back. They could lose a plenty of players who are OOC. The ex youth/youth players may be playing, assuming they could carry on.

Relegate them, I know it’s not the fault of the club or supporters but imagine if that was little old Oxford……

It looks as though a sale has been agreed.

I’m suspicious of another American owner coming in. It was no surprise that much of the ESL nonsense came from clubs with American owners - whose US sports franchises have no relegation so are guaranteed a slice of the pie season after season - and I fear having another at a ‘Greedy Six’ club will only exacerbate the idea again.

Wonder if any of the other big six owners looked at the bidders for Chelsea and spotted a way out....?

Putting aside all antipathy towards all things Premier League and big money etc....

.... the unique nature of this situation to me suggests that once the money is paid into a neutral account, the new guy should be left to get on with running Chelsea.....

.... with the wrangling over how that money is distributed dealt with separately, without the need to hold up the first part for the second.

Back
Top Bottom