EPL Chelsea sack Tuchel now Potter

So Graham potter has been given permission to speak to Chelsea personally I would stay at Brighton

I doubt your financial advisor would recommend that.
Go to Chelsea on loads more money, get sacked and get a big pay off, go to next job on much more money than you were on at Brighton.
All that for putting up with being Chelsea manager for a year or two.

These days Ferguson would have been sacked after a few more defeats to the likes of Oxford, and Man U would probably be still waiting for their first trophy since the 60s. It's all so short term - I'm sure Graham Potter isn't a better manager than Tuchel, he's just someone new who might give them a temporary boost.

He is not a big name foreign manager, his spell at Brighton and managing in Sweden won’t buy him much time, if he is lucky he could be sacked by Christmas with loads of money and in a better job by the new year, great situation for him.

Lots of chat about Potter potentially getting sacked pretty lively but Chelsea aren't owner by Abramovich anymore, who's to say the new owner won't be more patient? It might be he wanted his own man in anyway and the fact they've been hopeless this season gave him the excise to get rid of Tuchel.

Seems to come from a bit of a gambling background as well so is probably quite au fair with using stats and various models to get the most out of his resources like the Brighton and Brentford owners do. If that is the case then Potter would be a great shout, he's done a fantastic job at Brighton.

Rogers, Gerrard and Klopp already being talked about following soon....Moyes, lampard and cooper too if things don't pick up...

Wonder what the highest number of top flight clubs replacing managers in a single season is?

I believe the answer is 10 - and it's happened four times (2008/09, 2013/14, 2017/18 and 2021/22).
[That's 10 sackings......if Chelsea do sign Potter, and Brighton have to find someone else, that wouldn't count]

Up until January 2021 Chelsea had paid out £110.5 million to dispose of managers.

Add circa £15 million for Tuchel......

Insanity.

Lots of chat about Potter potentially getting sacked pretty lively but Chelsea aren't owner by Abramovich anymore, who's to say the new owner won't be more patient? It might be he wanted his own man in anyway and the fact they've been hopeless this season gave him the excise to get rid of Tuchel.

Seems to come from a bit of a gambling background as well so is probably quite au fair with using stats and various models to get the most out of his resources like the Brighton and Brentford owners do. If that is the case then Potter would be a great shout, he's done a fantastic job at Brighton.
He has already signed players, and tried to sign players on his own based on stats/metrics. Cucurella was one of his - given they have Chilwell and others, £55million on a left back wasn't a priority (given their other issues). Anthony Gordon was a Boehly target too.
Sounds like the Boehly/Tuchel relationship broke down over the signing of players they didn't need based on stats not things like character.

To be fair WWE was class.

Chelsea should give it to The Rock 'til end of season.
Was class - i.e. Attitude Era of the Rock, Stone Cold, Mankind and the Undertaker.
Now it's basically like the Premier League!

Apparently Graham Potter is on about £1-2 million a year. If he currently only has a short contract at Brighton and Chelsea come in offering say 3/4 years on £5m then I’d definitely take it!

Potter has thoroughly earned his chance at an elite club. However, if he thinks that he will get time to get things right at Chelsea, history tells you something else.
The money must be tempting though. On a personal note, it’s totally worth it.

Potter has thoroughly earned his chance at an elite club. However, if he thinks that he will get time to get things right at Chelsea, history tells you something else.
The money must be tempting though. On a personal note, it’s totally worth it.
Under abramovich id agree, but there are suggestions that the new guy has more of a reputation for sticking with managers (or at least his own appointments)

Up until January 2021 Chelsea had paid out £110.5 million to dispose of managers.

Insanity.
it was reported recently that a Boxer had been offered 20 Million "Not To Fight"

I sent an email like stating i would step aside for less :)

Ah Graham Potter (who I was reliably informed at the time) applied for the Oxford job in 2017 when managing in Sweden. Eales appointed Clotet, the rest is history!!

I used to go drinking in a group with Graham Potter or ‘Potts’ to his friends 😉 when I was at University. He was a childhood friend of a University mate and came along for the odd night out. Nice bloke.

Insanity.
Then there’s the fees paid to other clubs for their managers in replacement. Not sure how many times that’s happened but it’s reportedly cost close to £22m to get Potter out of Brighton. So the cost to change their manager in this instance alone is knocking on the door of £40m. Quite ridiculous and stinks of a complete lack of composure and planning.

Mourinho has reportedly earned £100m in compensation over his career alone. As Simon Jordan rightly explains, there aren’t many industries where you’ll get paid as a direct result of failure. Football is really one on its own.

On the other side of all this, Brighton appear to be a brilliantly run football club. I personally really admire how they operate. They are incredibly efficient, smart and most of all forward-thinking in how they do things. They seem to be 3 steps ahead at all times. I dare say they absolutely predicted Potter would be approached this season and were fully prepared for that in making sure they were handsomely compensated and potential replacements already selected. Doesn’t appear to be any great panic about the situation. Very controlled organisation which puts some of the larger clubs to shame with their antics the past few years.

To think Brighton have now fetched in £135m within 12 months for 2 players and their manager. Total outlay to bring them in was closer to £15m. Remarkable. I watch with interest to see what their next step is.

Then there’s the fees paid to other clubs for their managers in replacement. Not sure how many times that’s happened but it’s reportedly cost close to £22m to get Potter out of Brighton. So the cost to change their manager in this instance alone is knocking on the door of £40m. Quite ridiculous and stinks of a complete lack of composure and planning.

Mourinho has reportedly earned £100m in compensation over his career alone. As Simon Jordan rightly explains, there aren’t many industries where you’ll get paid as a direct result of failure. Football is really one on its own.

On the other side of all this, Brighton appear to be a brilliantly run football club. I personally really admire how they operate. They are incredibly efficient, smart and most of all forward-thinking in how they do things. They seem to be 3 steps ahead at all times. I dare say they absolutely predicted Potter would be approached this season and were fully prepared for that in making sure they were handsomely compensated and potential replacements already selected. Doesn’t appear to be any great panic about the situation. Very controlled organisation which puts some of the larger clubs to shame with their antics the past few years.

To think Brighton have now fetched in £135m within 12 months for 2 players and their manager. Total outlay to bring them in was closer to £15m. Remarkable. I watch with interest to see what their next step is.
Probably relegation! But they’d be back

He will do really well with the pay off and be named as Leicester manager later this week
Klopp will be gone soon too maybe to Chelsea.
Rogers to Liverpool perhaps. Nothing would surprise me

He will do really well with the pay off and be named as Leicester manager later this week
Klopp will be gone soon too maybe to Chelsea.
Rogers to Liverpool perhaps. Nothing would surprise me
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom