EPL Chelsea sack Tuchel now Potter

Clocks have changed, therefore time for Chelsea to change the manager. To be fair Frank Lampard is probably one of the few players available on such short notice, and he is the 'interim manager'. Having said that, all things considered, and looking at the games left to play, I do think that he should be able to do just enough to keep Chelsea up this season.

Moyes must be close to going, that would be the thirteenth change in the prem this season.

Cooper at Forest also appears to be in the last chance saloon as well.......

But if Moyes were to get the boot, that would mean that there were only ten managers across the 92 that had been in place for more than three years.

Football management is not a profession for anyone who's looking for a steady gig.

They have had that many managers in recent years that they are now just having to recycle them 😅

It certainly looks like Todd Boehly thought owning Chelsea would be just like playing championship manager.
Even Champ Manager had the message "Club X are not considering you after the way you left the club"...

But if Moyes were to get the boot, that would mean that there were only ten managers across the 92 that had been in place for more than three years.

Football management is not a profession for anyone who's looking for a steady gig.

David Moyes has been a football manager for 25 years, obviously not for all of those years but given the pay offs he has been paid for most of it. If you are looking to stay in the same workplace then football management isn’t for you obviously, but if you can get on the merry go round and stay on it then it’s a very lucrative and pretty long term job (considering people don’t start it until their thirties or older) that just involves moving about a lot.

I can’t imagine football managers take the sack to personal, it’s almost inevitable, if you play the game right like Mourinho you can make more in pay offs than from the wages, which must cushion the blow.

But the fact that their are so few long term managers does show how crazy it is for a club to have that position in charge of long term planning for the football side, they won’t be around so they rightly only think of the next year or two, it’s madness not to have someone else in charge of the future of the playing side, it was the trap we fell into with Robinson, the reason he ended staying so long and has cost us a fortune.

How much have Chelsea won while they have been sacking all those managers? Couple of European cups, 5 league titles, a few FA Cups and league cups as well, Europa league as well and qualified for the champions league many, many times.

They went from a club that had barely won anything who sacked managers all the time, to one of the most successful in the country who sacked managers all the time so it’s hardly been a disaster.

The misconception is you can’t have success unless you stick with a manager, the most successful club in football history (real success, not counting Scottish football or other Sunday leagues) are Real Madrid, they have had loads of managers but have won the most European cups/champions leagues by a mile.

Unless you get a nice four year contract with a full pay off clause written into it of course……

Unless you get a nice four year contract with a full pay off clause written into it of course……

When I say 'steady gig', I mean a job where you can buy a house, put down roots and generally plan on being in one place for a while.

That is not football management at any professional level!

Not arguing for a second that it isn't super-lucrative.......

The owner has been in the dressing room after the last two defeats surely that undermines the manager I think owners should stick to the directors box and let managers manage

The owner has been in the dressing room after the last two defeats surely that undermines the manager I think owners should stick to the directors box and let managers manage
Unless he’s in there going “Listen to Frank more, for heaven’s sake!”

Good to see Frank continue his managerial prowess with five losses out of five so far. He’s really steadied that ship - England job next? He clearly deserves another big job, that cannot be denied.

Back
Top Bottom