EPL Leeds 3 Chelsea 0

Peterdev

Poor old Chelsea.
I bet they’ll speed up the transfer in of Harry Maguire

Leeds are pressing high and Chelsea are struggling…..now where have o seen that before 🤔

I thought Tuchel and Conte were given straight red cards last week surely Tuchel should be in the stands ……unless they appealed.

So I wasn't really planning to watch any Premiership football this season - but I was eating my lunch, and the Man City - Newcastle game was on Telemundo (once you start watching games in Spanish.....you realize that it's just better that way!), and I thought I'd watch 15 minutes.

And the problem is that whilst I want to hate the PL and Manchester City, because of everything they stand for and everything it's done to ruin the game......

......it's really ****ing good. Like, absurdly entertaining. Both teams playing with five forwards, committing to attack from everywhere, skill and pace all over the pitch. As I type this, it's 3-3 and that's despite the fact that Tom Pope has played really well and Newcastle's finishing has been fairly lousy. Could easily be 6-6.

And as much as I want to hate VAR - they just used it to correct a bad red card decision that would've ruined the last twenty minutes as well.

Sigh.

So I wasn't really planning to watch any Premiership football this season - but I was eating my lunch, and the Man City - Newcastle game was on Telemundo (once you start watching games in Spanish.....you realize that it's just better that way!), and I thought I'd watch 15 minutes.

And the problem is that whilst I want to hate the PL and Manchester City, because of everything they stand for and everything it's done to ruin the game......

......it's really ****ing good. Like, absurdly entertaining. Both teams playing with five forwards, committing to attack from everywhere, skill and pace all over the pitch. As I type this, it's 3-3 and that's despite the fact that Tom Pope has played really well and Newcastle's finishing has been fairly lousy. Could easily be 6-6.

And as much as I want to hate VAR - they just used it to correct a bad red card decision that would've ruined the last twenty minutes as well.

Sigh.

I had the exact same thing. They've also changed how they're reffing games regards to timewasting, simulation and added time that I'm really appreciating - the football is flowing much better!

I had the exact same thing. They've also changed how they're reffing games regards to timewasting, simulation and added time that I'm really appreciating - the football is flowing much better!

Unfortunately the timewasting etc approach hasn't been adopted by Refs in the FL. :mad:

We start the first month or so with this will change and that will change from the powers that be, then it reverts to type.

Conte fine. Tuchel fine and suspended suspension.
For a straight red card? That takes the P**s. If Robbo and say Barton got into amine like they did and a straight they would have been fined and banned for three games.
It’s alright for the premier but for the rest it’s not.
Thanks

I work with a Chelsea season ticket holder and ended up being at the game today in the Chelsea end.

First time at Elland road and what an atmosphere! Never stopped singing even before they scored.
As a stadium I was quite underwhelmed, away from the city centre and not much around it. They do serve beer though throughout the match in the concourse although it was £6 a pint.

Leeds were far the better team and Chelsea never looked like creating much at all. Stand out players for Chelsea were Sterling and Cucerella.

Being so close to the pitch and seeing the ‘stars’ up close and personal you realise how fast the game is played at and how skillful and talented the players are at that level.

Special mention for the linesman on the side nearest the Chelsea fans who was probably the most arrogant linesman I’ve ever witnessed!

As for the Chelsea fans, over all decent bunch but my word they were quiet! Never really sang at any point of the match.

For a straight red card? That takes the P**s. If Robbo and say Barton got into amine like they did and a straight they would have been fined and banned for three games.
It’s alright for the premier but for the rest it’s not.
Thanks
Just read another article that says more. The 1 match ban is only suspended pending him getting the written report so he can decide on an appeal.

As I type this, it's 3-3 and that's despite the fact that Tom Pope has played really well and Newcastle's finishing has been fairly lousy. Could easily be 6-6.
Just imagining that donkey playing in the PL! Made me smile and forget our predicament for a millisecond. Think you meant Nick Pope.

Back
Top Bottom