General Cashless Ticket Office

What about freedom of choice for a business on what payment to accept?

Nestle can f**k off and take their kitkats with them.
It is of course their choice- as it is mine to choose NOT to spend my money with them

Limits on the amount of deposits at PO's vary depening on size - smaller ones it can be as lower as a few hundred pounds. Depositing cash for a business is also not free.
I bet it’s some while before a couple of those non league grounds we used to visit go cashless.
You could count the “official attendance” in just one of the stands 🤣

I bet it’s some while before a couple of those non league grounds we used to visit go cashless.
You could count the “official attendance” in just one of the stands 🤣
I dunno, Oxford City encourage you to buy online and have a digital ticket on your phone - it’s cheaper

It is of course their choice- as it is mine to choose NOT to spend my money with them
Quite right too - I’ve never had time for the argument that OUFC are entitled to any of our time/money if it doesn’t work for the individual

worth taking on board ...

377396605_802885201836764_1961580399262368818_n.jpg

No problem with cashless option, but would prefer the choice, to pay by cash too

View attachment 15648

No problem with cashless option, but would prefer the choice, to pay by cash too
Agreed, it should be by choice. Paying by card incurs additional cost, so I'd expect that to be passed onto the consumer. I rarely carry cash. I was in town a few weeks back, didn't have any cash on me. A Big Issue guy asked if I had any change, I said "I'm sorry I don't have any cash", he said "I can take payment by card!" lol.

You can do all of those electronically. Have you ever caught the M6 toll? I was on that earlier and it's card only.
I wonder what happens if your card’s declined for any reason? As I think the tolls are now unmanned.

I wonder what happens if your card’s declined for any reason? As I think the tolls are now unmanned.
press the button, you eventually get to speak to someone- they print you an invoice from the toll card machine, and you have something like 24 hours to pay the toll when you get home/ where you're going

( my card would not work / read at the toll machine coming back on the m6 toll earlier this year)

This just shows how much I live in the digital world. I bought a ticket for a gig this Sunday and they're sending a traditional paper ticket - not digital! Ew!

This just shows how much I live in the digital world. I bought a ticket for a gig this Sunday and they're sending a traditional paper ticket - not digital! Ew!
Royal Mail will now lose it for you, congratulations

Leyton Orient tickets are paper, I have just fitted a new post box on my garden gate, turns out the fucker isn’t waterproof so Leyton Orient tickets were drying out for a few days, thankfully it worked but you don’t get that problem with digital sarge.

Leyton Orient tickets are paper, I have just fitted a new post box on my garden gate, turns out the fucker isn’t waterproof so Leyton Orient tickets were drying out for a few days, thankfully it worked but you don’t get that problem with digital sarge.
They're fucked mate send them to me I'll get rid for you

I collect/ buy in person from the ticket office, printed tickets go straight in my wallet, next to my plastic, hardcopy, ST

View attachment 15648

Many market sellers take cards at the ones I've been to recently. I've given money to buskers via contactless card. I've paid a big issue seller with contactless card. tipping is a contentious one, but I tend to avoid chains (in general) where they pocket any of the tips (but then TBH those places do it with cash tips too). Piggy banks/tooth fairy - TBH kids will be way ahead of you in the digital world.

Available in High Wycombe right now, complete with guy and his customary dog sat underneath it with a box containing a smattering of coins.......

cashless-giving.jpg

Back
Top Bottom