General Cashless Ticket Office

Sarge

God like member
Went to buy my middle grandaughters yellows membership and Ticket for the Port Vale game

Apparently the ticket office 'went' cashless from the start of the season

Did I miss either @OxVox or @OUSP Secretary communicating this to the fanbase? Was there any discussion, or did the club impose this without bothering to inform Supporters representatives

Given that WiFi signal is at best minimal at the breeze block, if wifi signal went down ( or was switched off by one of OGB's lackeys) then what?- no signal to process transactions , no transactions can take place.

Seems a bloody ridiculous move to me ( there again I would say that, preferring cash to using plastic.)

Also, a membership IMO should come with a physical card ( its future memorabilia ) not just a digital thingy sent to an email address .
Not everyone owns, has or for that matter want a damn smartphone

Another bollock dropped by the chuckle brothers methinks

When is the next Fans Forum?

The bit about WiFi is a non issue as the club won't be using that.
technophobe me .... presumed that to make a transaction the devices have to 'talk' to each other, if something goes wrong everything is thenfucked

what if someone wanting to purchase a ticked has had their card temporarily blocked by their bank, previously they could pay with the coin of the realm , which is legal tender. yet unable to pay by card - leaving them pretty muchfucked if they want to go to the next game

Blocking of cards by banks is very much a thing these days- my fuckingbank did it to me just before the weekend, I had to go into town to the Only branch in Oxford to have it unblocked- I couldn't pay by card on the bus, ( blocked by the bank) and to get there for opening time my bus pass was invalid 8'30am bus , bus pass not valid until after 9am - so I paid the fare in CASH

Last edited:
I saw a drug deal taking place on a petrol station forecourt a few years back that included the dealer taking a card payment. He had one of those little PayPal card readers. Very professional, I must say.

Welcome to the world of tomorrow. Today.

I saw a drug deal taking place on a petrol station forecourt a few years back that included the dealer taking a card payment. He had one of those little PayPal card readers. Very professional, I must say.

Tannoy: “Would the two gentlemen conducting a drug deal please get off their phones please. Thank yoooooou.”

Identity theft and compromised personal information are potential dangers in a cashless economy, but privacy might be compromised in other ways too. When you pay digitally, you always leave a digital footprint, and this footprint is easily monitored by financial institutions. As well as the government, who potentially could stop citizens going about their everyday business by 'controlling what individuals can and cannot do, by simply stopping electronic financial transactions

Identity theft and compromised personal information are potential dangers in a cashless economy, but privacy might be compromised in other ways too. When you pay digitally, you always leave a digital footprint, and this footprint is easily monitored by financial institutions. As well as the government, who potentially could stop citizens going about their everyday business by 'controlling what individuals can and cannot do, by simply stopping electronic financial transactions
I don't disagree, and I think it's important that cash is still accepted, but I fear that most people have fully embraced digital payments.

A drug dealer doing it in front of camera's and via a payment method that is tracked, not the brightest me thinks.

I'm against a cashless society but can see why some businesses, and OUFC in this case, will go "cashless". In this case to speed up transactions, reduce wait times and queues outside the ticket office on matchdays etc. It's pretty unhelpful when you're then forcing cash only for programmes inside the ground.

The majority of fans will pay by card nowadays anyway, just keep both card and cash payment options available and keep everyone happy.

I'm against a cashless society but can see why some businesses, and OUFC in this case, will go "cashless". In this case to speed up transactions, reduce wait times and queues outside the ticket office on matchdays etc. It's pretty unhelpful when you're then forcing cash only for programmes inside the ground.

The majority of fans will pay by card nowadays anyway, just keep both card and cash payment options available and keep everyone happy.
agree 100% @WuTang

Back
Top Bottom