Cardboard Fans

Did you contact YellowTaxi before posting that? Old Trigger gets uneasy if the ladies name is used in vain. ?
It's probably been logged in some sort of 'dossier' incase needed at a later date ? although I don't think he ventures out into the football chat.

It's probably been logged in some sort of 'dossier' incase needed at a later date ? although I don't think he ventures out into the football chat.

Separate dossiers for each message board, with box file of all posters who need to be ‘corrected’, hopefully all made out of recycled cardboard;).

Swiss Yellow has suggested that fans fortunate enough not to have been furloughed might like to make a donation so that other fans who cannot afford to buy one can still get one. Watch this (Twitter) space.....
I don't know if this has already been mentioned or previously used, but what about setting up a fund to get a section of cut outs for fans who have passed, peoples loved ones attending a game.
I would contribute to that.

I don't know if this has already been mentioned or previously used, but what about setting up a fund to get a section of cut outs for fans who have passed, peoples loved ones attending a game.
I would contribute to that.
Maybe a cut out of Peter Houseman and of Martin Aldridge, both taken way too young and would be good for the club (OxVox maybe) to do something? Extend to Jim Smith, Maurice Evans, Arthur Turner, Harry Thompson? Some tributes to legends passed?

Maybe a cut out of Peter Houseman and of Martin Aldridge, both taken way too young and would be good for the club (OxVox maybe) to do something? Extend to Jim Smith, Maurice Evans, Arthur Turner, Harry Thompson? Some tributes to legends passed?
Watching the league 2 play offs, they have organised all sorts of "celebrities" but also many supporters and players who have passed on to be represented. Made for a very eye catching display which the Sky cameras certainly picked up. (Sky, of course, like that the "little" clubs get to show their connections to somebody that might be recognised- Jeff Stelling turned up at one! - although I thought his club was Hartlepool?)

I really hope we have a Jim Smith one at Pompey - if not a bigger tribute to the great man.

Watching the league 2 play offs, they have organised all sorts of "celebrities" but also many supporters and players who have passed on to be represented. Made for a very eye catching display which the Sky cameras certainly picked up. (Sky, of course, like that the "little" clubs get to show their connections to somebody that might be recognised- Jeff Stelling turned up at one! - although I thought his club was Hartlepool?)

'Jeff's effigy was at Cheltenham last night- once spotted, the sky presenters/ commentators kept mentioning it

I was going to get one but was told if I did, I had to have a silencer fitted, as I sit in South Stand Lower and apparently we don't sing............

They had Cilla Black and some other celebrities as well.

maybe 'we' should have a few former Kings of England/ Britain , with Oxford connections, in 'our' cardboard crowd.... Alfred the Great, Richard the Lionheart, and his brother King John (signatory of the Magna carta)

there's also the option of former ( & current - with Bullingdon Club Bojo) PMs who were 'Oxford men' ( and 2 women too) ? ;)... they'd fill a row or two of seats :rolleyes:

I heard St Greta had thousands of cut outs planned for footie restart...

but they were made out of recycled plastic and could only be used in Reading

Back
Top Bottom