Matches Reading Away - Away Fans Seating

Many of our jounger fans don't understand the rivalry at all but I am sure by the end of this season they will get it.

• React
Reactions: m
Haha, for some reason Reading annoy me more than Swindon. I dislike Swindon immensely, but there is a little bit of "mutual respect" there from me, they are a proper club with a decent following considering they've been shite for a while. There's something about Reading which is just... empty. When Man City won the CL it felt kind of empty to me, that's how I feel about Readings time in the PL. Just something fake about the whole club.
Swindon is the bigger game to me also. There's simply more edge to it as although the clubs have similar standing in success over the years and size of fanbase, Swindon do thing's very differently to Oxford. Back in the day they were always far more flashy and show pony with their 'high profile managers' and player managers, quite the opposite to the way Oxford presented itself, With more of a determined but less flamboyant mgmt team approach.

Always a fun day out at Reading in the old days. South Bank guaranteed a fair few Oxford in there for the five-to-three shenanigans. But as much as I see them as rivals, unlike, say Wycombe, who are incidental, I never despised them like the lot down the A420, or Liverpool, Luton and/or Celtic, for that matter. I think partly because they felt more like us / normal compared to the inbreds down the road.

Last edited:
I have always said how much is despise Reading, always will.

The Danny Dyer types will find Reading more up for some streat dancing than the swine, they have been warned!

Not that I would condone such things of course :unsure:

I have always said how much is despise Reading, always will.

The Danny Dyer types will find Reading more up for some streat dancing than the swine, they have been warned!

Not that I would condone such things of course :unsure:
Well, unless things have changed drastically. More recently we've had the RYF (Reading Youth Firm), a midweek game, possibly a cup replay at the Manor, where the Reading Young Farmers, took an age to break open a fence, then stood there looking at it. Lastly an older lot, run by the brothers, who got run over a dual carriage way from what I remember.
Hardly the Bushwackers.
They have gone in for this all in black look, that charge the away end each time they score.

Back
Top Bottom