Matches Reading Away - Away Fans Seating

It's all to do with Police Dog anger. Move the Oxford fans back to reduce risk to the handler.
Note to younger fans - ask someone old enough to remember the 80's.
I can’t remember if it was Swindon or Reading where one bit his handler? I’m clearly getting old as used to have a good memory for such things?

It's all to do with Police Dog anger. Move the Oxford fans back to reduce risk to the handler.
Note to younger fans - ask someone old enough to remember the 80's.
Remember this very clearly. Great following that day.

When the Plastics were at Elm (disease) Park and football specials were running. I was in a Royal Mail part of the train (Over subscribed train rammed by OUFC Fans) When we stopped at Discot, my mate ran onto the platform, and phoned his mates who were already in Reading, to say we were on our way. When my mate got back in the Royal Mail part of the train, he said that the plastics have caused trouble in the family part of their ground, this spread like wildfire on the train. When we arrived at Reading West, a couple of hundred Oxford fans broke away from the main group, as I stated earlier, the train was rammed, so not enough police to handle our away support. We arrived at the away end, which was full to capacity, The plastics had gathered in the corner of their stand, which was the full length of the pitch, in the corner, was no man's land and barbed wire fencing, so fans couldn't get at each other, meanwhile, there was still trouble in the family stand, until about 30/40 Oxford fans steamed in and stopped all that nonsense. On to the match, it was quite obvious that Oxford Utd outnumbered the Plastics 3 to 1. We scored in the first minute and then the 200 or so Oxford fans that broke away from the special train at Reading West, made their presence known, chaos followed and Oxford ran the plastics all over the place, with the police taking all the plastics and putting them in the other end of the ground, so the 200 odd Oxford Utd fans and the 40 or 50 who had stopped the plastics causing more grief in the family stand were put together and we went on to win 3-0. Just a bit of history for the youngsters, I don't condone violence, but that day, the plastics deserved what they got on and off the field of play and afterwards. I think if we can, should ask for at least 3.5 - 5K tickets when we play them.

When the Plastics were at Elm (disease) Park and football specials were running. I was in a Royal Mail part of the train (Over subscribed train rammed by OUFC Fans) When we stopped at Discot, my mate ran onto the platform, and phoned his mates who were already in Reading, to say we were on our way. When my mate got back in the Royal Mail part of the train, he said that the plastics have caused trouble in the family part of their ground, this spread like wildfire on the train. When we arrived at Reading West, a couple of hundred Oxford fans broke away from the main group, as I stated earlier, the train was rammed, so not enough police to handle our away support. We arrived at the away end, which was full to capacity, The plastics had gathered in the corner of their stand, which was the full length of the pitch, in the corner, was no man's land and barbed wire fencing, so fans couldn't get at each other, meanwhile, there was still trouble in the family stand, until about 30/40 Oxford fans steamed in and stopped all that nonsense. On to the match, it was quite obvious that Oxford Utd outnumbered the Plastics 3 to 1. We scored in the first minute and then the 200 or so Oxford fans that broke away from the special train at Reading West, made their presence known, chaos followed and Oxford ran the plastics all over the place, with the police taking all the plastics and putting them in the other end of the ground, so the 200 odd Oxford Utd fans and the 40 or 50 who had stopped the plastics causing more grief in the family stand were put together and we went on to win 3-0. Just a bit of history for the youngsters, I don't condone violence, but that day, the plastics deserved what they got on and off the field of play and afterwards. I think if we can, should ask for at least 3.5 - 5K tickets when we play them.
new years holiday Monday 83? Vinter scores on about 6 seconds. Yes very large Oxford contingent outnumbering home support, Oxford were always the bigger club over Reading....until they had major investment and a completed new stadium

Er….. did you enjoy the match?

new years holiday Monday 83? Vinter scores on about 6 seconds. Yes very large Oxford contingent outnumbering home support, Oxford were always the bigger club over Reading....until they had major investment and a completed new stadium
We still are a bigger club than them. Man city buying trophies doesn't make them bigger than man united.

I remember a night game in the 90s at the manor against them. They thought they would be really brave and were running around the JR car park smashing up cars.
One of my school friends was in there after breaking his leg in a school match earlier on and they were locked in the hospital and couldn’t leave until the police had got rid of the plastics.

And yet the club itself basically said it was to get more money from the more limited numbers of away support than if they were in the same away section as this past season. From their website statement:

"Regulations mean we are obligated to offer visiting supporters the same price as our home fans when they are located within the same stand - but this change will mean we can charge a section of away supporters the Upper West matchday ticket price and increase revenue from visiting fans whilst keeping our Club 1871 prices as affordable as possible."

We still are a bigger club than them. Man city buying trophies doesn't make them bigger than man united.
yes of course. I was offering a very badly made point that major investment 'and' a new stadium gave them a boost and for the recent period in our history they've played higher division. Certainly not a bigger fanbase or more honours than the yellows. Unlike the politicians I am happy to correct the record :)

yes of course. I was offering a very badly made point that major investment 'and' a new stadium gave them a boost and for the recent period in our history they've played higher division. Certainly not a bigger fanbase or more honours than the yellows. Unlike the politicians I am happy to correct the record :)
Haha, for some reason Reading annoy me more than Swindon. I dislike Swindon immensely, but there is a little bit of "mutual respect" there from me, they are a proper club with a decent following considering they've been shite for a while. There's something about Reading which is just... empty. When Man City won the CL it felt kind of empty to me, that's how I feel about Readings time in the PL. Just something fake about the whole club.

Back
Top Bottom