Fan's View Fans View 22/23 - No.39 - Bristol Rovers at Home / Robbo Out

I stayed at home yesterday. Simply couldn't face another home game with KR in charge.
My fear ........ football has a strange habit of producing idiosyncratic trends.
In 1962 & 2006 we exchanged football league places with Accrington Stanley.
Last game of the season we "entertain" Accrington at the Kassam I have this terrible vision of exchanging that last relegation place with them. We will probably be 2 points ahead of them and they come here and win. By god I hope I'm wrong.
Meanwhile, better get my Lincoln ticket.

I stayed at home yesterday. Simply couldn't face another home game with KR in charge.
My fear ........ football has a strange habit of producing idiosyncratic trends.
In 1962 & 2006 we exchanged football league places with Accrington Stanley.
Last game of the season we "entertain" Accrington at the Kassam I have this terrible vision of exchanging that last relegation place with them. We will probably be 2 points ahead of them and they come here and win. By god I hope I'm wrong.
Meanwhile, better get my Lincoln ticket.
Yeah, and we and Bristol Rovers leapfrogged over Accrington to claim automatic promotion in 2016 too.

Very soon we shall see just what portion of the responsibility lies at the misfiring feet of the playing staff.

Thin Bloke, Do you think our โ€˜loaneesโ€™ could be recalledโ€ฆand should they be anyway?

Last edited:
It says to me, that the board have no immediate replacement in mind.
We do however need to keep some coaching staff on for the first team. I wish the three of them the best of luck, just throw anything Robinson practiced in the bin. Go back to basics, put players in their natural positions. Iโ€™m sure theyโ€™ll be fighting for their League One status

Very soon we shall see just what portion of the responsibility lies at the misfiring feet of the playing staff.

Thin Bloke, Do you think our โ€˜loaneesโ€™ could be recalledโ€ฆand should they be anyway?
I don't think they can.
But if we had the option - should they? I'd say yes.

Paul you rightly commented on the 'run with the ball as far as you can until you lose it' approach. BR weren't great but they did have one or two little partnerships going on - player A chests it down for player B to take it on, that kind of thing - but we very noticeably didn't. Hopefully going forward (pun kind of intended) we can start to rebuild some of those understandings to give our play a bit of structure.

Re: keeping the current coaching staff.

Surely that is only until a new man comes in. They don't fill me with confidence, but sacking them now would literally mean a first team with no coaches! They have to have someone there to pick a team, decide what the formation is and put the cones out...

I read that 9 points from 17 games, 9 draws, and thought "that sounds good".. such is what we've had recently.

Short would definitely go anyway I would have thought once the new guy comes in, probably with his own assistant.

The photos of the sparsely populated home stands compared to the away following is very striking.

• React
Reactions: m
Paul, not much of a match report but I got the gist!
I'd had enough of KR so I went to watch Cardiff at Norwich instead of taking my seat in the East Stand (Callum O'Dowda played really well).
But as he has been fired at last I will be back for the next match.
And I actually have a lot of time for Leon Blackmore-Such, he did a great job as U-18s manager with players like Owen James. But Short & Brown? No thanks.
Funnily enough when the Fan's View started in the Oxford Mail way back it was never meant to be a match report as such. But it has kind of morphed into what it is now which has included match reporting. On Saturday I wouldn't have said there was much of a match to report on. :)

Back
Top Bottom