Away Match Build Up 8/1/2022 L1: Lincoln City v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malc

Staff member
Need to get back to winning runs. Lincoln are in relegation form at the moment, only 2 draws from 6 matches. But they've just signed a new winger.
We should be able to get 3 points from this game. 2-0 to the mighty Yellows.

Maybe a 6-0 win away win to echo hi first match in charge. Might be his last

Need to get back to winning runs. Lincoln are in relegation form at the moment, only 2 draws from 6 matches. But they've just signed a new winger.
We should be able to get 3 points from this game. 2-0 to the mighty Yellows.
Theyve signed a winger? Jealous!!

Hopefully a stylish 2-0 win, but there’s always the danger of a limp 2-0 defeat.

Need a win from this one and Gillingham away on the 29th. We have games against Wycombe, Wednesday, Pompey and Wigan in the next six also and I think 12 points or 2 points a game would be a decent return any more would see us in a position to see the top 2. As far as I can see MK and Pompeys game in hand on us is against each other so hopefully they will cancel each other out and we will have a nice cushion below looking down to 7th.

Stevens
Long Moore Thorniley Seddon
Sykes Kane Brannagan
Whyte Taylor Holland

Eastwood, Forde, McNally, McGuane, Williams, Bodin, Winnall.

Lincoln aren’t great this season. With other fixtures & plenty not playing due to fa cup. We’ve gotta go there and win

Driving home from Saturdays game, Mrs Lounger pointed out that we wouldn't be seeing any footy until the Wycombe game. Why were we not going to Lincoln? 'Cause it's a fair old drive and, well, it's Lincoln - I replied. Thought about this on Sunday and realised that we had to go, after all, never been to Lincoln. Fair enough, hotel booked, satnav set up and street view looked at for parking. Tickets ordered (hopefully the post will get here on time!)

Anybody got any experience of the on-street parking around the away end? Looks like a mess of terraced houses with lots of tiny streets. If the weather is ok we could walk from the hotel but if it's raining (as per forecast) don't really fancy it.

Driving home from Saturdays game, Mrs Lounger pointed out that we wouldn't be seeing any footy until the Wycombe game. Why were we not going to Lincoln? 'Cause it's a fair old drive and, well, it's Lincoln - I replied. Thought about this on Sunday and realised that we had to go, after all, never been to Lincoln. Fair enough, hotel booked, satnav set up and street view looked at for parking. Tickets ordered (hopefully the post will get here on time!)

Anybody got any experience of the on-street parking around the away end? Looks like a mess of terraced houses with lots of tiny streets. If the weather is ok we could walk from the hotel but if it's raining (as per forecast) don't really fancy it.
I haven't been there for about 25 years but I do remember it being right in the middle of a network of terraced houses. I also remember there being a lot of pavement dancing around the terraced houses when I visited.

A taxi from the hotel is the answer if it's raining - treat yourself!

Big big game this Saturday. It's one of those banana skin type of games where we should go and win but at the same, you'd imagine Lincoln's form will turn at some point.

Certainly hopeful that with a full week to prepare, the U's will be somewhere close to full strength and feeling refreshed. 1-2 to the Ox.

You'd hope for a really decent away following as this is a good one for northern exiles and it isn't a million miles from Oxford...that said, perhaps the casual away follower will choose the ease and comfort of Wycombe the following week. 750 yellows is my guess.

Look at myparkingspace.com. Really good, cheap options close by and postcode to get you there. Parked 2 mins from Hillsborough and 4 mins from Portman Rd using this and at £3 and £4.

Look at myparkingspace.com. Really good, cheap options close by and postcode to get you there. Parked 2 mins from Hillsborough and 4 mins from Portman Rd using this and at £3 and £4.
The council open up the south common, it is an area where the fair and circus rock up.
It’s just off the roundabout close to the ground. Probably get a few hundred cars on there and only 2 or 3 minutes walk to the stadium.
I’m sure there will be a charge to park there however it won’t be much and it is convenient and safe.
I hope this helps..

The council open up the south common, it is an area where the fair and circus rock up.
It’s just off the roundabout close to the ground. Probably get a few hundred cars on there and only 2 or 3 minutes walk to the stadium.
I’m sure there will be a charge to park there however it won’t be much and it is convenient and safe.
I hope this helps..
We're staying close to the common but on the wrong side for the stadium so this might be just the thing. Looks like the away turnstiles are on the far side of the stadium though, I assume it's possible to walk up Sincil Dike and into the ground? Either way, that makes a lot more sense than trying to park on street!

We're staying close to the common but on the wrong side for the stadium so this might be just the thing. Looks like the away turnstiles are on the far side of the stadium though, I assume it's possible to walk up Sincil Dike and into the ground? Either way, that makes a lot more sense than trying to park on street!
While you are there you ought to take in the superb Lincoln cathedral and the castle.

Definitely, and the hill leading to it will test out your Quads for sure, it's nearly steep enough to require climbing ropes...
But worth a visit especially the court within the castle can’t see many trying to break out from the court.

CP behind the away end was available to pay on day last time. There is also a soft play centre that gets used, right by the away end, not sure how that is booked. Plenty of street parking, but gets full pretty quickly. The best bet is to contact the club, ticket office, very friendly.

Didn’t think 3 pm kick offs on a Saturday could be viewed
I thought the same until i saw it on Oxford Utd next match, applied online and got it confirmed. Looked at future matches just in case i cant go, only shows Audio as expected, came up when it showed next match. Maybe it is allowed again due to some fans not going because of covid situation, well worth keeping an eye on if you cant make it.

I thought the same until i saw it on Oxford Utd next match, applied online and got it confirmed. Looked at future matches just in case i cant go, only shows Audio as expected, came up when it showed next match. Maybe it is allowed again due to some fans not going because of covid situation, well worth keeping an eye on if you cant make it.
Odd, isn't it? Anything to do with it being an FA Cup weekend rather than a standard full league programme?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom