Away Match Day Thread 8/1/2022 L1: Lincoln City v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malc

Staff member
Thank God its Saturday. 3 points to be collected today.

I have a lot of respect for Michael Appleton and usually wish him well. Not today though.

COYY.

PLAYED FOR BOTH

includes Chris Maguire, Rob Dickie, Trevor Hebberd, Paul Wanless, Ben Futcher, Luke Foster and Matt Green.

FCZWEhuXEAcII-S

REF WATCH

Tyne and Wear official Sebastian Stockbridge will take charge of today’s match at Sincil Bank.
Stockbridge was appointed to EFL national list in 2013.This season he has taken control of 22 games issuing 69
Yellow cards and two reds. His first OUFC match was the 1-0 win at Hartlepool in November 2015.
He also refereed the 3-2 win at Shrewsbury in March 2020 - the U’s last match before the UK locked down
due to COVID-19.

His last OUFC match was the 1-1 Carabao Cup draw at Burton in August 2021.

EhlZFMiXkAY8afu

Let’s hope he has learned to count…

Forget COVID, forget Wycombe, forget Sheffield, forget new strikers, forget new contracts, forget buyout clauses.....

.... this is us, away at a team with a talented and astute manager that will make it tough for us....

.....but we are a good team and with endeavour and focus we can come out on top...

...go do it boys!!!

Difficult game, think Lincoln are better than their league position. Could do with a win today to take some of the pressure off next week's really tough game at Wycombe

Going for a hard fought 1-2 win to start the next push and to maintain our unbeaten run of 2022.

COYY’s

Chuffed i-follow is available too.. afternoon sorted whilst my wife is out of the way 😁

Going for a hard fought 1-2 win to start the next push and to maintain our unbeaten run of 2022.

COYY’s

Chuffed i-follow is available too.. afternoon sorted whilst my wife is out of the way 😁
Is ifollow available for sure? I thought there was no 3pm sat kick offs allowed

It was the other way around for MApp. We were rubbish in 2014-15 and yet produced one of my favourite ever Oxford sides the season after.

The corner has to be turned for Lincoln at some point. They can’t be as bad as their position and form suggests and you’d expect them to pick up but where and when remains to be seen.

Be professional and get the job done today.

I know all teams eventually turn it around but looking at their recent form, a loss for us today would be very, very disappointing (much like it would have been against Cheltenham). Having said that I’d be slightly happier with a draw than I was against Cheltenham as we’re away from home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom