Home Match Day Thread 7/5/23 L1: OUFC v Accrington Stanley

Man of the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We all knew it was a big job now we will see what happens the owners will mot be happy with what's happened let's see if it can be done

It hasn't felt as close since last week, as the pressure came off entirely with that MK collapse v Barnsley, but it's pretty mental that we ultimately finished the season just two points off the relegation zone. Not that any of us need telling, but that really is terrible, and far too close for comfort.

I’m not sure how much can be drawn from a game where we clearly took our foot off the pedal.

M Browne and Joseph were far too selfish and shot repeatedly when they should have passed.

C Brown showed why he shouldn’t be written off - we looked a lot weaker defensively once he came off.

Murphy, if he brings the form of the last few games into next season, will be a hell of a player.

We are going to finish one point above the relegation zone. How is that knee jerk? Your blind acceptance and continual justification of poor performance is embarrassing.

We've lost an end of season game with a bunch of players who have battled like hell for 8 or 9 games to save our season and took their foot off today.

Now we get comments like "keep Brannagan and the kids and get rid of everyone else" - and I'm embarrassing??

Today we looked great but toothless. Have a mate who is a Bolton fan who was there recently and said "we would have got hammered if you could finish". Today was great to watch but frustrating tippy tappy and a few a bit selfish. Thankfully there was no pressure. A couple of players seem to have started performing under LM so maybe didnt take KR criticism too well, but I am still to be convinced about our new leader. Hope Im wrong and that Leeds were right. Need to be clever in the close season. Get KJ signed. Stanley had a couple of really exciting looking players now worth looking at? COYY. A big season next year

Today sums our season up. 1st half we were decent 2nd half poor. Just glad the results against Cheltenham and FGR went our way with twin decent performances. Let ourselves down today. Roll on the summer season and see what goes and what comes.

Disappointing end after what has been a good last couple of games, but the job was done and we can build for next season now. Defeat will leave Manning with no illusions that we need to improve this side with key signings in the summer and can't just tinker around the margins. Batting midfielders, goalscoring forwards and offensive fullbacks will surely be high up on the wishlist, and it'll be interesting to see if we move to a back three. Not a season to remember for sure, but I go into next season more optimistic than I was feeling this time last year.

We've lost an end of season game with a bunch of players who have battled like hell for 8 or 9 games to save our season and took their foot off today.

Now we get comments like "keep Brannagan and the kids and get rid of everyone else" - and I'm embarrassing??
We didn't win for 17 matches, beat two teams with nothing to play for and then lost today against an already relegated team in front of a near sell out crowd.

Knee jerk is suggesting the two wins show the squad is good enough.

Back
Top Bottom