Away Match Day Thread 03/12/2022 L1: Accrington Stanley v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knowing ifollow they'll probably try and charge us for copyright infringement!
Just attempted to watch the extended highlights. What a shambles! The picture quality is very poor and the, so called, commentary is barely audible. The parts that are to be heard are laced with inane gibberish.
We pay for this service. We paid for the coverage yesterday. It is appalling. In this age of digital coverage it is simply not acceptable. A service provided by and for the EFL with the backing of the members of the EFL. Not fit for purpose.

Probably just as well he was correctly able to spell E=MC2, eh..?

Otherwise, we'd probably never have heard of him.
Most of the youngsters, probably don't know of him . In fact , Isaac Newton started the apple rolling 😂😂

I didn't watch or listen to the game yesterday so won't comment on the general performance level but regarding the goal Eastwood has to be doing better. The fact it's gone in has people up in arms about closing down but realistically how often do you watch a game and are happy to see the other team shooting from 40 yards? If I see teams doing that then it shows they're out of ideas and if it goes in you either hold your hands up as it's a wonder goal or there are question marks over the keeper which I think there are in this case.

It's still an Achilles heel for Eastwood for sure which is an issue and a pity as his form has been so much better recently, unfortunately the highlights didn't show the great save he apparently made before the goal.

Also I've seen a few people say the back line should have been quicker closing down which is incredible and completely results-driven. On that basis I assume on Saturday whenever Barnsley get into our half you'll be wanting Moore or Findlay to go sprinting past our own midfield to try and close them down and leave a gaping hole in our defence? It was down to the midfielders to close down yesterday but even then I've no issue with letting someone have a pop from closer to the halfway line than the edge of our box.

I've seen the clip a few times now and seen a lot of complaints about Easty, I still can't make up my mind. You just can't see if there was any fade on the shot which made it harder to stop. Only explanation, if it had gone straight it should have been kept out.
The light levels were also appalling- the upgraded floodlights do not cut the mustard

For me, Eastwood simply has to get there. I’m no goalkeeper but there’s a reason you see so few goals from that range even at the top level and plenty of players can hit them like that and obviously better. Unsighted, maybe, but it has travelled so far I just don’t think he’s read it and it’s a reactionary dive rather than one of anticipation. He maybe doesn’t believe it’s going to cause him any trouble until it’s too late.

The pressure on the ball could be better but Eastwood’s track record with these efforts goes against him. I must say he’s been excellent at 1v1s and close proximity efforts lately. He comes for crosses and his kicking has improved no end but to what level? Now about L1 average would we say? Like a few positions we simply must upgrade.

Watching it through in slo-mo, Eastwood looks to slightly left of centre of his goal (angles are deceiving) and the ball has travelled through the group of players just outside the box before he starts to move. He does make the ground to the bottom right corner, so I can only conclude that he was unsighted (probably by Pritchard) or that ball was truly lashed home with some venom - if he's a step to his left, he saves it. If only Hamilton hadn't made such a pig's ear of his first attempt.....

Watching it through in slo-mo, Eastwood looks to slightly left of centre of his goal (angles are deceiving) and the ball has travelled through the group of players just outside the box before he starts to move. He does make the ground to the bottom right corner, so I can only conclude that he was unsighted (probably by Pritchard) or that ball was truly lashed home with some venom - if he's a step to his left, he saves it. If only Hamilton hadn't made such a pig's ear of his first attempt.....
... Or the ball faded to the right in its travel, but we would need someone in the terrace behind to confirm if it did or not as its not clear on the footage.

Bit of a difference in the quality of strike there.
How can you tell? That was my original point, the footage is unclear to say if the ball moved in the air or not.

A bloody disappointing goal to concede either way, but for me there is no clear blame on Easty for it.

It was hardly a disguised shot , he must have expected it even if not a completely clear view of it .
Think Easty has been playing well lately but should be stopping those .

How can you tell? That was my original point, the footage is unclear to say if the ball moved in the air or not.

A bloody disappointing goal to concede either way, but for me there is no clear blame on Easty for it.
A shot from 35 yards that isn't an absolute worldy like Roberto Carlos would leave any keeper disappointed if it goes in .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom