Home Match Day Thread 7/11/2021 FA Cup: OUFC v Bristol Rovers

Strong team, only Henry missing.

And Kane. Think it’s a bit bonkers to be playing Taylor against a team that’ll be out to get him. We’re going for promotion this season and this upcoming run of games without him could jeopardise that. See no reason to risk it, same to a lesser extent with Seddon. Injuries to both/either and we’re going away to Wigan with Dan Agyei up top, or Long at LB.
Otherwise happy with a strong side. 3-1: Sykes, Long, Taylor

And Kane. Think it’s a bit bonkers to be playing Taylor against a team that’ll be out to get him. We’re going for promotion this season and this upcoming run of games without him could jeopardise that. See no reason to risk it, same to a lesser extent with Seddon. Injuries to both/either and we’re going away to Wigan with Dan Agyei up top, or Long at LB.
I doubt any of the Bristol Rovers players give a s**t about Taylor either way.

So, we've gone with no sub keeper at all, out of nine subs - not happy with that.

There may be circumstances where it 'might' not be right to expose him (tho not inclined to think there are many) but plenty in which one may be comfortable/benefit from the experience should they have to come on

Presume Longie will be the one to go in if necessary, he's played just about everywhere else

So, we've gone with no sub keeper at all, out of nine subs - not happy with that.

There may be circumstances where it 'might' not be right to expose him (tho not inclined to think there are many) but plenty in which one may be comfortable/benefit from the experience should they have to come on

Presume Longie will be the one to go in if necessary, he's played just about everywhere else

For no particular reason I could imagine Gorrin grabbing the gloves if needed.

This could a frustrating draw.
Hoping for a win. Think Barton will happily park the bus.
Just watching Sheffield W v Plymouth. What a good game

Not sure if reading too much into it, but the complete absence of Kane is maybe a bit worrying for his long-term future at the club. Assuming no injury, presumably Barnsley have told us not to play him, with an eye to maybe bringing him back in Jan. New manager there of course.

Not sure if reading too much into it, but the complete absence of Kane is maybe a bit worrying for his long-term future at the club. Assuming no injury, presumably Barnsley have told us not to play him, with an eye to maybe bringing him back in Jan. New manager there of course.

Being tested due to stiffness in his hamstring according to Oxford Mail. He had been allowed to play by Barnsley.

7ad5c832deccec1a299d66f82272112d.jpg

Not seen this on my phone before - good move from the club.

Yep. Same here. Slightly scary though.

Nice reception for Matty Taylor from the Rovers fans :D

Think we'll get outsung in the stands, out battled on the pitch and Robinson will get out-scoused on the touchline.

2-0
Oxford half time and full time
Taylor to score first
4+ corners between us..

I might have a bet on 👀

With no game since last Saturday and no game until next Saturday I can see why Taylor starts against his old club.
Hopefully bring him off when we get our third

Back
Top Bottom