Away Match Day Thread 16/11/2021 FA Cup 1st R. Replay: Bristol Rovers v OUFC

Going out of all the cups at this stage makes Robinson's job harder in the sense that there's no real competitive football for the fringe players. A lot of those aren't going to be too happy with missing out on the 18 completely or getting 5 minutes every other weekend. The cups are definitely worth persevering with until at least the new year just to keep the season bubbling and potential big cup fixtures keep the fans interested.
Luckily we only have 16 players who I rate as good enough right now then. So don’t think that’s as big of an issue as you make out. Players like McNally, Mousinho, Forde, Hanson, Cooper, Bodin, Winnall & Agyei can’t expect many more minutes this season now.

So? Two solutions then: Step up and do your best to force your way into the team, or you leave? At this point, I really don’t think KR cares for sentiment. The new owners have a clear roadmap, and if we’re not promoted within the next 2/3 seasons, at a push, KR will be gone. Keep Hanson, Agyei etc happy, or keep your employers happy? I think we know the answer to that..
Don't think it is sentiment, it is being able to show you should be playing in the league by excelling in a cup game rather than trying to do so just in training.
Guess we may start seeing (or not) a few BCD friendlies taking place

Was it Eastie who dropped the clanger, or Longie who allowed their man to get onto the end of the cross, or whoever it was that tried to step in front of their player on the touchline to shield the ball only to be swept aside?

For me, clanger(s) of the night were the sequence of three woeful efforts from Bodin
I think Long thought that Eastwood was going to claim it so when it came beyond Eastwood Long wasn’t expecting it, so in my eyes both were at fault, Eastwood for not claiming it and Long for switching off/anticipating it.

At least our result wasn't the most embarrassing of the round, step forward Bolton! Evatt's claim they are the best team in the division has really come back hard to bite him on the butt!

Come on lads, we're hard on the heels of the "Consortium Takeover - conspiracy and assumptions" thread, just a few more pages to go.

At least our result wasn't the most embarrassing of the round, step forward Bolton! Evatt's claim they are the best team in the division has really come back hard to bite him on the butt!

Overall league 1 teams done dreadful in round one.

Us
Bolton
Sunderland
Sheffield wednesday
Wycombe
Gillingham
Mk dons
Crewe
Accrington

All out

Ipswich
Wigan
Portsmouth

Only just scraping through uninspiringly.

If we’d replaced Mous with Elliott Moore a minute earlier,
Would that allowed us to have used Cooper or Hanson in extra time.

If we’d replaced Mous with Elliott Moore a minute earlier,
Would that allowed us to have used Cooper or Hanson in extra time.

No. 6th sub is concussion only. Funny enough Exeter used 6 subs in their game against Bradford and now may be disqualified from the competition.

No. 6th sub is concussion only. Funny enough Exeter used 6 subs in their game against Bradford and now may be disqualified from the competition.

Thanks

lets not forget Forde was not tracking back on his man and snuffing out the shot..... and, Long was marking/ covering his man on the near post, I cant think of many defenders at any level who can cover two opposing players simultaneously?
Long only had one man to deal with, there was no one else near him and he switched off. Eastwood looks clumsy for sure but he would have struggled to reach that cross regardless, and once the ball comes back in its game over matter where he's positioned.
BTW, If you look at the time of my post it was in the heat of the (frustrating) moment, 'live' at the Memorial ground -I had no replays to pour over after the event...., just the one-off, live-action, in real-time there and then.... and it did seem at the time ( live), to me, that their 4th was a clanger from Easty
That's fair enough, certainly Eastwood's error is more eye catching but Long's looks worse to me.
Long, Forde & Easty all could've, probably should've done better with that one
Definitely, soft all round. I was more questioning going straight to dropping Eastwood who in the games I've seen (home only) has been good since he's come back and better in some areas than Stevens. We'd all love a team full of players from he area but you have to be fair and it seems as if Eastwood gets one mistake and then Stevens comes in while we ignore the mistake of the local lad.

From a Rovers perspective.

We've had a quite a few encounters with Rovers in recent years since we got back in the league. Is it every season apart from the one when they were in the Conference?

I wonder if they view this like when we beat Swindon at the County ground in August 2011 - did we go a goal down there before coming back and winning 2-1?

At least it wasn't on national tv like the Stockport - Bolton game.

From a Rovers perspective.

We've had a quite a few encounters with Rovers in recent years since we got back in the league. Is it every season apart from the one when they were in the Conference?

I wonder if they view this like when we beat Swindon at the County ground in August 2011 - did we go a goal down there before coming back and winning 2-1?

At least it wasn't on national tv like the Stockport - Bolton game.

"...begging the question: Was that the greatest result and occasion at the Mem since May 7, 2016?"

Jesus. Puts things into perspective I guess.

However, if you're of this opinion then I would like to point you towards something called 'transfers'. I've been reading about them and it appears it's a thing that clubs do where they sign players wingers they Karl want in order to become more competitive wingery.

There....corrected it for you....you're welcome...

I see the FA have decided the Exeter v Bradford game must be a replayed again at the end of November. 🤣

Long only had one man to deal with, there was no one else near him and he switched off. Eastwood looks clumsy for sure but he would have struggled to reach that cross regardless, and once the ball comes back in its game over matter where he's positioned.

That's fair enough, certainly Eastwood's error is more eye catching but Long's looks worse to me.

Definitely, soft all round. I was more questioning going straight to dropping Eastwood who in the games I've seen (home only) has been good since he's come back and better in some areas than Stevens. We'd all love a team full of players from he area but you have to be fair and it seems as if Eastwood gets one mistake and then Stevens comes in while we ignore the mistake of the local lad.
Just pointing out that Jack Stevens is from London and signed from Reading as a youth team player when he was 17.
So not a 'local lad'

Back
Top Bottom