Away Match Build Up 4/9/21 L1: AFC Wimbledon v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malc

Staff member
Back to the real business of the season. I'm very curious if any new signings will be o the teamsheet.
But we should be good enough to bring the 3 points home.

feeling confident with 2 days to go... fancy a 3-0 away win

though I seriously hope its the white (& blue smears) 3rd kit, and not that Jonah black kit

I’m just hopeful we can get in bearing in mind the concerns over tickets.

Back to the real business of the season. I'm very curious if any new signings will be o the teamsheet.
But we should be good enough to bring the 3 points home.
Kane is almost nailed on to be in the squad, possibly even starting.

Despite our good start, our away form has not been too good.
Defeat at Bolton and a draw against Cambridge. (Plus 3 Cup games without wins)
So... we really need to start making these games, against teams likely to be in the bottom half, count.
Wimbledon and never mugs especially at their place, but if we want to challenge at the top we could do with an away win

No Whyte so maybe McGuane might get a chance off the left?
That would be a good way to get him into the team. In current form you cannot drop Henry, Brannagan or Gorrin. I think Kane is now ahead of McGuane also. I would like to see McGuane play, he's played well on the left before and Holland hasn't impressed yet.

Wimbledon are actually in pretty good form, they've only lost once this year (0-1 away at Sunderland), came back from 2 down to draw with Ipswich, won away at Doncaster.

Wimbledon are actually in pretty good form, they've only lost once this year (0-1 away at Sunderland), came back from 2 down to draw with Ipswich, won away at Doncaster.
No mugs for sure but they have only won 1 game so far this season ( at Doncaster who are bottom)
Drawn 3 and lost 1

E46B93C9-4072-4571-A857-6B01B2A94A5C.jpeg
I think it might be a game early for Sam Long, so if Williams is available, I’d like to see him return at RB. I think Williams and Sykes linking up with Henry down the right could be damage! I’d like to see Mcguane come in on the left. He’s a more physical option and with Seddon and Brannagan driving on, Marcus will fill that gap.

3-0 away win! - Brannagan, Henry and Moore.

That would be a good way to get him into the team. In current form you cannot drop Henry, Brannagan or Gorrin. I think Kane is now ahead of McGuane also. I would like to see McGuane play, he's played well on the left before and Holland hasn't impressed yet.
I like the idea of a nifty midfielder out wide for away games, with Sykes on the right

Only 3 league one games on Saturday, so we should get some decent coverage for a change on Quest.
Let's hope we perform as we can, get a deserved win and go top.

2-4 winnall gets his first goal of the season followed by a Taylor hat trick we finish the day top of the league

Wimbledon are a different type of side this season, a lot of youth and the manager has changed their style somewhat apparently.
Personally think this is the first game to really see where we're at this season.

Despite our good start, our away form has not been too good.
Defeat at Bolton and a draw against Cambridge. (Plus 3 Cup games without wins)
So... we really need to start making these games, against teams likely to be in the bottom half, count.
Wimbledon and never mugs especially at their place, but if we want to challenge at the top we could do with an away win

I think our away form has been pretty good, but the results didn’t go our way.

Excellent performance against Bolton, despite the loss, and Cambridge was a decent away draw, given how well they have started.

But I agree that Wimbledon will be a tough test and we will need to be on our game.

Feeling that an away win is on the cards (2-0) followed by a home draw (1-1) against Wycombe… which will still represent an excellent start to the season.

View attachment 7094
I think it might be a game early for Sam Long, so if Williams is available, I’d like to see him return at RB. I think Williams and Sykes linking up with Henry down the right could be damage! I’d like to see Mcguane come in on the left. He’s a more physical option and with Seddon and Brannagan driving on, Marcus will fill that gap.

3-0 away win! - Brannagan, Henry and Moore.

Experts are wondering how it is possible for a team to sign 79 wingers and yet not start with one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom