Home Match Day Thread +++ 28/9/2019 L1 OUFC v Gillingham +++

Status
Not open for further replies.
PLAYED FOR BOTH : includes Colin Duncan, Manny Omoyinmi, Simon King, Colin Greenall, John Mousinho,
Ricky Holmes and Peter Foley.

BN24aJvCcAAg0az
Colin Duncan was a hard player. A team full of very young players (plus Peter Houseman who tragically died at a young age?
Taylor, Tait had very good careers.

Think well lose 1-0 . We always seem to lose when everything is so positive. Hopefully im proved wrong.

I can see a negative result after all the positives from the last week so predicting a 1-0 as well. On the plus side my betting luck is shocking so may put a fiver on gillingham to guarantee a positive result for the yellows ??

I agree that a negative result seems likely; I almost hope that Robinson pulls a surprise selection out of the bag or something to keep the opposition on their toes and give us some impetus

Dont think Baptiste should start remember him cramping up just before he sprang to his feet and scored a worldie! I fear he might be targeted early on. A great asset to have on the bench

I’d start Mackie in this game, especially with the way Evans will set-up his team to play. Robinson has some difficult decisions to make today, but I’d go for the following line up;

Eastwood
Cadden, Dickie, Mous, Ruffels
Sykes, Brannagan, Gorrin, Fosu
Henry & Mackie

(not necessarily a 4-4-2 formation)

Subs; Stevens, Long, Baptiste, Taylor, Moore, Forde and Agyei. Struggling to get Woodburn & Hall into the squad!

We win this and we are really on our way.
With Patience and damned hard work, we can see these spoilers off. 3-1, Henry, Taylor Brannagan.

We should be noting all of these predictions to tot up at the end of the season.... see who actually knows stuff.
Would be funny if it turned out to be scotchers, Amersham Dave or, god forbid... Great uncle kip????

Eastwood
Cadden Dickie Mous Ruffels
Gorrin
Brannagan Woodburn
Henry Taylor Fosu

I know that there were loads of great performances midweek, but we also beat Tranmere and Lincoln with this side (except Taylor in for Mackie). Sykes was great, but he and Cadden would be too similar and would leave us vulnerable behind. Baptiste was fantastic but would have been knackered and needs to be used carefully. And although it was good to see Elliott Moore playing with confidence, Mous offers leadership that is much needed in a fairly young side.

Think it'll be another good result, 3-0 Oxford! Goals from Woodburn Taylor and Ruffels.

He seems an established Championship ref, without having made it to the Prem. Last season did 16 Championship games and 7 League 1. He was in charge of our 2-0 win v Plymouth last season and in 2017/18 when we beat MK3-1.
Andy Woolmer is in charge tomorrow. Spent this season officiating games in the championship. 21 yellow cards in last 5 games (!) What odds on the fat man being sent to the stands?
If he refs it like Robert Jones did the on Wednesday I’ll be happy.
Robbo needs to leave the 4th official alone, let Evans get sent to the stands.

If we don’t get 3 points today the last 2 results count for nothing. How we get those 3 points who cares. Let’s just get them. This game has banana skin all over it. Let’s insure that we don’t slip up. COYY Do us proud. The future is YELLOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom