Home Match Day Thread +++ 28/9/2019 L1 OUFC v Gillingham +++

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ticket sales don't look anything special. Unless there is a big surge this evening or tomorrow it looks like we are heading for usual 6,200 home supporters and what, 500 away, so total about 6,700.

I have no strong feelings about Gillingham (apart from that monstrosity of an away 'stand' and the price they charge to perch on it) but any team run by that odious little man is one that I particularly want us to beat.

I'd go for:

Eastwood
Long Dickie Moore Ruffels
Gorrin
Cadden Baptiste Brannagan Fosu
Taylor

Bench: Stevens, Mousinho, Sykes, Mackie, Henry, Forde, Agyei​

I won't be there on Saturday - it's my 30th wedding anniversary, and I'd quite like to get it to 31! - but for that reason:

A 3-0 win!

gotta say "little" isn't the way I would describe him !!!

Ticket sales don't look anything special. Unless there is a big surge this evening or tomorrow it looks like we are heading for usual 6,200 home supporters and what, 500 away, so total about 6,700.

sadly no surprise there - back to reality - for a lot of people, the last game they will have been to prior to West Ham would have been Man City the previous year - just like our Wembley trips too

Gillingham despise the scummers don’t they?

For that reason, I’m going for a good natured 4-2 scoreline.

Think we'll need a decent ref tomorrow...Evans will be out to stop our playmakers by any means necessary. We'll win, but just hope no serious injuries.

Somewhere between a 6-0 win and a 2-0 loss I reckon! Consistency is not our strong point just at the moment.

sadly no surprise there - back to reality - for a lot of people, the last game they will have been to prior to West Ham would have been Man City the previous year - just like our Wembley trips too
No; sadly not surprising. Many were there because they’d heard of West Ham. Building up to league gates of 8,000 will take time. Let’s hope Evans doesn’t kill the game and it all goes flat.

Expect them to try a little rough stuff to unsettle our ball players. These games are the ones where we can show the steel behind the skill. we need those points so I hope we see them off with a fast tempo and hard work... The rest will look after itself.

Think we'll need a decent ref tomorrow...Evans will be out to stop our playmakers by any means necessary. We'll win, but just hope no serious injuries.
Don’t forget that gob shite Rayner he I’ll give as much as the fat man

No; sadly not surprising. Many were there because they’d heard of West Ham. Building up to league gates of 8,000 will take time. Let’s hope Evans doesn’t kill the game and it all goes flat.
Yes they were but who were they supporting us or West Ham a bit like the extra at the Man City game.

The first games I went to were in our Milk Cup run in 1983 (Newcastle, Leeds, Man Utd x 2 and Everton) because my Dad worked Saturdays. As you say, it will take a little time for crowds to build and a weekend of crappy weather won't help. Keep playing the way we are and the crowds will come - and hopefully stay!

I think we will get an extra couple of hundred tomorrow on the back of 2 great wins ? onwards and upwards

looking forward to tomorrow’s match, unfortunately our run of clean sheets will have to come to an end soon.
For that reason I’m going for 3-1 to the U’S with goals for Rob Dickie, Matty Taylor and Tariqe Fosu.

COYY

Andy Woolmer is in charge tomorrow. Spent this season officiating games in the championship. 21 yellow cards in last 5 games (!) What odds on the fat man being sent to the stands?

He seems an established Championship ref, without having made it to the Prem. Last season did 16 Championship games and 7 League 1. He was in charge of our 2-0 win v Plymouth last season and in 2017/18 when we beat MK3-1.

PLAYED FOR BOTH : includes Colin Duncan, Manny Omoyinmi, Simon King, Colin Greenall, John Mousinho,
Ricky Holmes and Peter Foley.

BN24aJvCcAAg0az

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom