Home Match Day Thread +++ 28/9/2019 L1 OUFC v Gillingham +++

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where’s Sykes?

"I had a long chat with Mark on the phone last night and just said to him ‘you can’t do any more’.
"He’s just in a moment where every player is hitting a level. Who can you leave out?

I think this forum has come to an answer on that point.

Totally agree with previous post Sykes was and is better than Hall at the moment, he played very well Tuesday, he got us quite a few free kicks plus an assist, Hall did ok but apart from free kick off the crossbar nothing of note

I get all the decisions for today’s line up, whether I agree is a different matter.

Gillingham have their 48yr old GK coach on the bench as second choice keeper, might be worth getting Mackie to do a job on starting GK

Sykes absolutely should have been on the bench ahead of Hall. That’s got to either be down to Robinson’s love of Rob Hall, or a dislike of Sykes. I broadly agree with the rest of the lineup but who would you rather see come on, Hall or Sykes? I think almost everyone on here would say the latter.

Still, hope we win easily and don’t need either.

How on earth is Sykes not in the squad?!?

Long was perfect covers for RB and CB, so there could’ve been a place for Sykes.

And I can’t imaging Hall will feature, having played 60-70mins on Wednesday.

Very strange.
likely that Evans' Gillingham side will employ the 'dark arts' to the max
best not to risk the likes of Hall & Baptiste getting kicked round the pitch?
Sykes can mix it... still KR has made the right calls of late, so heres hoping
hes made the right calls for this one

Afternoon folks. Sun, rain, sun, rain, rain. But we keep on playing good footbal.
I think the lads will be too strong for the Gillingham 10 man defence today,

COME ON YOU YELLOWS

An afternoon looking after my nearly two year old means I’m listening in. Give it two years and he will be a proper yellow regularly going to games!

I think we’ll struggle here, they won’t come to ‘play’, as the teams we do well against tend to do, they’ll come to shithouse. After the excitement of the last 7 days, back to Earth with a bump for me, a hugely frustrating 1-0 Gills. Obviously hope I’m wrong.

With the Skyes thing, obviously he deserved to at the very least make the bench after Wednesday. Is there any danger he’ll start to get fed up with not getting a look in and start looking elsewhere? He must be wondering what I’m earth he has to do to get a league game!

I’m in France atm - anyone know if you can you watch iFollow games live from outside of the UK? Don’t want to waste a tenner if I can’t.

Sarge, will you ever spell his name right?
I'll try- smartphone with a not so smart operator & predictive a struggle at the best of times for me! :oops: ... apologies to Josh Ruffels :sneaky:

I’m in France atm - anyone know if you can you watch iFollow games live from outside of the UK? Don’t want to waste a tenner if I can’t.

You certainly can - I watch every game from the US.

But I think the consensus is that if you've already signed up to an iFollow account, stating that you live in the UK, then you won't be able to watch it using that. You would have to set up a second 'French' iFollow account (but someone else correct me if I'm wrong there!)

On the team news, all I can say is that it's a great situation to be in when a player as good - and as in-form - as Mark Sykes can't even make the matchday squad......and the only player we think is perhaps less deserving for that bench spot is Rob Hall.
In other words, when we're arguing over whether Mark Sykes or Rob Hall is the 16th best fit outfield player in our squad - we're in a happy place!

(and Taylor for Mackie makes sense - Mackie's already played twice in the past week; at his age, with his style, he needs a breather every few)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom