Home Match Day Thread 28/08/2021 - L1: OUFC v Lincoln City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blackpool must have some incredible CBs cause Thorniley is bloody good. Our defence already looks so much more assured this season vs last.

For 60 mins or so today we were very good. Passing was crisp, movement was good and Lincoln rarely troubled. We definitely took our foot off the gas which was a little bit of a shame, but I suppose it was a 'professional' job (the last 5 mins or so aside).

I was surprised at how reluctant to have a go at us Lincoln were. I think they made it very easy for us which was surprising for an Appleton team - understand they weren't at full strength, though.

It's been a very good start to the season which is quite refreshing, especially as I think there's still for to come from this squad of players.

today’s starting line up, take out Forde and Sykes, then with long at RB and Williams on the right would be my top team

I thought that, by and large, our players played very well - the odd error accepted. Gorrin was immense in my book as was Henry. Was just a bit peeved that we took our foot off the pedal in the last 6 - 8 minutes of the match.

I thought that, by and large, our players played very well - the odd error accepted. Gorrin was immense in my book as was Henry. Was just a bit peeved that we took our foot off the pedal in the last 6 - 8 minutes of the match.
Football psychology is so weird isn’t it? They get a late goal and suddenly they start to play and we panic, after being almost embarrassingly on top. Maybe that was our relative lack of experience showing. Lincoln seemed very ill at ease for most of the game despite having some nippy attackers, I assume the defence was hit by injury.

Best individual home performance by an OUFC player for several years today. Crisp finishing, brilliant passing, superb technical ability, even speed and strength.

Well done James Henry, salute you.

On the other hand Lincoln were rank; it may well be as straightforward as Appleton not being able to motivate and coach to standard because of poor health. Trust he gets well soon.

Also very decent gritty performance by Forde and Sykes. They both deserve to be starters whatever superstar comes in by Tuesday.

Team has shape and purpose; it’s looking good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom