Home Match Day Thread 28/08/2021 - L1: OUFC v Lincoln City

Status
Not open for further replies.
today’s starting line up, take out Forde and Sykes, then with long at RB and Williams on the right would be my top team
I'm not always convinced by Sykes but at times he was unplayable today. Also didn't stay on the right, he appeared to have a relatively free role

And still no Josh Ruffles in the Huddersfield match day squad
I actually loved Ruffels, such a consistent performer for us, which was why his performances in the play-offs v Blackpool were so inexplicable to me, but Seddon is an upgrade.

I wonder what Ruffs wants to do with his career now, drop down a level and try and play in midfield? Or I suppose you can't blame a man for taking a pay check as a back up left back in the Championship, he will be on better money.

He was an Oxford legend, but maybe it's best for both parties he's moved on.

Don’t think it was great, rode our luck at times for sure against a poor Lincoln team. Henry was class IMO! He’s chipped in every season since he joined and he’s got big boots to fill when that happens.

Still can’t get over our start this season. Very early and a lot of if/buts etc. but this is finally the foundation to build on that we’ve needed. Instead of giving everyone a head start.

I'm not always convinced by Sykes but at times he was unplayable today. Also didn't stay on the right, he appeared to have a relatively free role
I've said it before but Sykes has the best close control at the club. I'm not saying by any means that makes him the best player, and he can't shoot for toffee, but there's a good footballer in there.

James Henry should - as long as he stays healthy - easily pass Matt Murphy this season and take his place in the OUFC Top 10 all-time goalscorers list. Needs four more to catch him (and as much as Murph was underrated - Henry is a much better player so it'll be good to see!)
Think Matty Taylor said it last season.....when JH plays well, the whole team plays well. He can be a really top player at this level. I guess this is why some people get so frustrated with him when he does have poor spells (like he did in early 2021)

In general, it's been a great start to the year. But man, this is shaping up to be a titanic tussle in League One this year. It looks the strongest it's been since we've been back up here. Sunderland, Wednesday, Wigan, Pompey, Rotherham all look strong on paper, and the early season results are bearing that out. Even Wycombe look like they've banked some cash and have come back down stronger. We saw how good Bolton are going forwards (though hard to see them getting promoted unless they shore up the defense).

That's a lot of competition, even if Ipswich and Charlton can't turn it round and get their act together. You're going to have to be at it all year to get promoted out of League One in 2021-22.

Hi Steve, thanks for thinking of me. Appreciated.

I was actually at Filey beach with my daughter, phone on limited battery and poor signal, so only got the final score- great way to end a good day!
Credit to Karl and the lads

Glad you had a nice day out Kip. It’s amazing how you always seem to be out and about when we play well and win yet never miss a defeat.

Bollox

We've already had this debate in the Covid thread. FP3 masks do work to stop particles but a piece of cloth that people call a face covering have limited success. It's actually unhealthy to breath in your own output aswell and that's why when working in a mask it's suggested you have a break every 30 minutes.

The government have stated masks aren't mandatory as we have the vaccine to protect us and its upto the individual to decide what's best for them.

Now I've been to 2 home games already this season and I've only seen maybe 1 out of a 100 wearing a mask in the concourses and entering the ground. Other environments like shops, reading festival, theme parks,gyms etc look at how many not wearing a mask and there is zero social distancing. Sure the numbers have gone up but they haven't rocketed ,considering we've gone from 2k fans to 7/8 k fans from last season the amount of people I know catching it hasn't really jumped up to much and this time alot of people are recovering quickly or have zero symptoms.

Time to get on with life now which was always going to be the case once we had a vaccine as the economy can't take any more restrictions.

Time to get on with life now which was always going to be the case once we had a vaccine as the economy can't take any more restrictions.
Nobody is trying to restrict the economy. Just wear marks in enclosed spaces like the club ask you to.

Please, if you are over 11, bring a face cover to wear in all indoor areas such as concourses and stairwells, unless otherwise exempt

Last edited:
Hi Steve, thanks for thinking of me. Appreciated.

I was actually at Filey beach with my daughter, phone on limited battery and poor signal, so only got the final score- great way to end a good day!
Credit to Karl and the lads
Still got donkey rides on the beach?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom