Home Match Build Up 28/08/2021 - L1: OUFC v Lincoln City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just slightly too early for a 'must win' I would have thought.
I would think that a number of promoted teams have lost 2 league games in a row (not sure that you can include a game away v a team a Division higher playing half a reserve team)
Barnsley were bottom 3 at Christmas and went up.
A very sensible, logical and reserved response from you… what are you doing, this is yellowsforum remember 😅

Just slightly too early for a 'must win' I would have thought.
I would think that a number of promoted teams have lost 2 league games in a row (not sure that you can include a game away v a team a Division higher playing half a reserve team)
Barnsley were bottom 3 at Christmas and went up.
Yep. The best Oxford United team of them all (the 1984/5 side) managed to go on a run of 2 points from 5 games in the middle of the season, but still stormed to the title. Blips happen.

Yep. The best Oxford United team of them all (the 1984/5 side) managed to go on a run of 2 points from 5 games in the middle of the season, but still stormed to the title. Blips happen.
I actually think as a squad we may be slightly stronger this season than last despite the loss of Atkinson.

But I think the league as a whole is stronger than it was last year. I'm expecting us to finish between 6th-12th.

I think if you're expecting us to finish in the autos you might begin to get very frustrated with this team.

I actually think as a squad we may be slightly stronger this season than last despite the loss of Atkinson.

But I think the league as a whole is stronger than it was last year. I'm expecting us to finish between 6th-12th.

I think if you're expecting us to finish in the autos you might begin to get very frustrated with this team.

Yes but the transfer window hasn`t closed yet and we are about to sign...................................

Lincoln are suffering a few injury problems of their own so it could well be crocks versus Lames tomorrow.😳

Still fancy us to win this though.
2-0 to the mighty Yellows.

They do, but I'd say a 'blip' is an interruption to the norm. We haven't played enough games this season to have the faintest idea what the norm is yet. If it turns out we are a top team, then a couple of losses on the trot are a blip. If we aren't, a couple of wins on the trot might be the blip!

They do, but I'd say a 'blip' is an interruption to the norm. We haven't played enough games this season to have the faintest idea what the norm is yet. If it turns out we are a top team, then a couple of losses on the trot are a blip. If we aren't, a couple of wins on the trot might be the blip!
Of course that's true, but I can't consider the fact we won't win more than we lose this early into any season :LOL:

Really got a good feeling about this one, with Lincoln's injuries and it being a home game . Both sides having injuries, but Mapp really playing theirs up as a factor.
After two defeats we need to really get some momentum again, to push back up the table.
I'm going with OUFC 3 Lincoln City 1.

Last edited:
More of a should not lose game. The MAPP factor could play a large factor here, and with both sides having injuries, it could even itself out.
The head says, OUFC 0 Lincoln City 2.
That's some head.

More of a should not lose game. The MAPP factor could play a large factor here, and with both sides having injuries, it could even itself out.
The head says, OUFC 0 Lincoln City 2.
Really?
Do you support Lincoln?

1-1 tomorrow winnall with his first of the season I’m sure one week I will get it right 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom