Home Match Day Thread 28/08/2021 - L1: OUFC v Lincoln City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malc

Staff member
Yet again it's Saturday. Both teams with injury problems. Yes? No? We will see. Lincoln are a good team with a worshiped manager, both in Lincon and Oxford. This is an importent match to win as Lincoln are also potential promotion/play-off candidates.. But of course with the fans behind them th Mighty Yellows will GET 3 MORE POINTS TO THEIR TOTAL.

REF WATCH :

Bedfordshire official Will Finnie, 27 takes charge of this afternoon’s match with Lincoln.
Promoted to the National List in June 2019 , the Luton based ref took control of 33 EFL
matches during 2020-21 issuing 92 yellow cards and five reds.

LAST THREE OXFORD matches refereed:

November 17th 2020 - Oxford Utd 0-2 Crewe Alex.
December 25th 2019 - Oxford Utd 1-0 Lincoln
October 8th 2019 - Oxford Utd 2-2 Portsmouth (EFL Trophy)

E4La0pCXoAkZ5b1

100% home record this season and we are back in Yellow shirts.

I reckon Lincoln are going to have another decent campaign this season but have started slowly, so a good time to confront them.

On the back of some decent football and great chances already this season, I am going for a sneaky home win.

2-1 (Taylor brace)

Crowd 7,429

Looking forward to seeing the more "regular" starting 11 and a solid if maybe not spectacular, performance today. Win for the Yellows, of course. 3-0
Would like to see Dan get on the score sheet, if only to boost his confidence.

Heart say 2-1, head says 1-1.
Although they have injuries, I still think they will be a solid side. Taylor and Whyte.

100% home record this season and we are back in Yellow shirts.

I reckon Lincoln are going to have another decent campaign this season but have started slowly, so a good time to confront them.

On the back of some decent football and great chances already this season, I am going for a sneaky home win.

2-1 (Taylor brace)

Crowd 7,429

Now this is a new one, incredibly precise attendance predictions…

F794050F-BF66-434F-80E9-AFD6F8FFCCB0.jpeg
SUBS: Agyei, Holland, Henry, Williams, Winnall, McNally, Eastwood

Hopefully Henry and Williams are at least available to make the bench, but to start them as soon as they return would surely be risky?

McGuane needs to step up, and show his quality, I’d give him a start today.

I’d play Sykes on the right, it’s where he’s most effective.

Would like to see Agyei get some minutes through the middle, he needs more chances to show what he can do as the central striker.

Would much rather see Whyte on the right, but with Bodin out, and Holland being ill in the week, can’t see any other option really.

McNally has been great, but if Moore is ready to return to the starting lineup, after last season’s form, and being captain, he’s currently first choice.

Gonna be a very tough game, against a Mapp side that will no doubt be challenging for the playoffs again this season.

Would love to see a stunning performance, with lots of goals, but would settle for a scrappy 1-0 win, if that’s what it takes.

COME ON YOU YELLOWS!!

I start with the 4-4-2 diamond again today

Stevens (gk)
Forde …Moore …JT …Seddon (back four)
Gorrin (holding midfield)
Maguane …Brannigan (RCM ,LCM)
Whyte #10
Agyei ….. Taylor
Is that better @derek 😁😉

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.