Matches 27/04/2021 - Playoff pack games

We should forget about Sunderland, Blackpool and Lincoln. The important games were Charlton and Portsmouth who both lost points. Also looking at the stats for those games both Accrington and Crewe looked the better teams. It's in our own hands to beat Shrewsbury and Burton, can't do much about the other results. Hopefully it goes to the wire. We all know that you can see some very strange results on the last day of the season so still all to play for.

"Elsewhere, Burton are looking ominously good, and Shrews got 5 yellow cards. Why couldn't one of them just get sent off ffs."

I don't think so...OK, they won tonight (Fleetwood just one place above them) and also beat Doncaster (just three places above them), but have only drawn against Wigan and Plymouth, and lost to Lincoln in their last five games. They've won 4, drawn 3, and lost 3 over their last 10 games. Knowing us, of course, we could give up a last-minute goal to ruin everything, but I don't think that we should be too worried about them.
We only need to worry about ourselves - if we play well enough we can beat anybody but, as we have shown before, if we play crap we can lose to anybody
We have beaten Burton 5-1 & Shrews 4-1 but that only means they will have a point to prove too - in our hands

Great fun reading this thread back. Usual suspects doing themselves proud.

On a knife edge now. Charlton’s result unexpected and costly. Accrington away on Saturday for them. You’ve got to hand it to Coleman, what a fantastic job he’s going.

I’d say Pompey’s games are tougher than ours. They must be shattered by that og.

A worry for me would be coming to the Burton game in pole position. Can we handle the pressure? Still at least Clare will be in the stands.

Hopefully with some decent investment from the new owners we can break into the playoffs next season. Not going to happen this season.
Hold on it’s been almost a month now since all the posts about new owners. So has there been an update? Because if it’s still on then yes they might need to pump some extra funds for players to achieve promotion next season, but until we hear from Tiger let’s hold on before we start hoping.

Staggering. We are still in it. Our lads are not good under pressure. Please prove me wrong.

Burton will be tough they are a team transformed
OK, can’t argue with that! Maybe the fact they are chasing rather than defending a position will make it feel less like pressure.

Looking at the table and the remaining games those 2 late goals were an absolute god send.

Think this is probably a 2 horse race now as i can`t see Charlton winning all three of Accrington, Lincoln and Hull.

Pompey have 1 win in 6 and against pretty mediocre opposition, i don`t think its impossible that they fail to win the
games v Wimbledon and Accrington.

I know this is going to come across as polishing the positive bus but it could well be that 3 points might just be
enough.

On the flip side, Pompey win and we lose and its game over.

Its so, so tight now, going to be a pretty stressful saturday afternoon coming up.

Blackpool arent completely home dry. Tough match away to northampton on saterday. Donny at home, who got a draw vs peterborough today. Then brizzle rovers who will be playing for pride (and new contracts)
That is real optimism, if Blackpool can't beat the bottom already relegated side if they need the 3 points, then they really don't deserve to make it.

Great fun reading this thread back. Usual suspects doing themselves proud.

On a knife edge now. Charlton’s result unexpected and costly. Accrington away on Saturday for them. You’ve got to hand it to Coleman, what a fantastic job he’s going.

I’d say Pompey’s games are tougher than ours. They must be shattered by that og.

A worry for me would be coming to the Burton game in pole position. Can we handle the pressure? Still at least Clare will be in the stands.
Really? That would worry you? I'd be absolutely ecstatic. Would you rather that we have to win and really on others to lose points so that we are more relaxed? Odd logic.

I guess the point is that if we're the underdogs we tend to play with more freedom rather than one with everything to lose. However I'm not getting any younger and knowing that we only need a win AND going 3 up in the first 10 minutes might just help settle my nerves a touch!

I can't watch it from where I live....can you provide a brief description?
It's one of them where the shot comes in, the keeper parries it, and the man's caught flat footed and can't get out of the way of the rebound and it just trickles over the line. Top tier.

• React
Reactions: m
Think this is probably a 2 horse race now as i can`t see Charlton winning all three of Accrington, Lincoln and Hull.

Possibly being a bit hasty there, as it could very easily happen that neither us or Portsmouth win both our games, then Charlton won't need to win all three.

It's one of them where the shot comes in, the keeper parries it, and the man's caught flat footed and can't get out of the way of the rebound and it just trickles over the line. Top tier.

Oh quite brilliant....thanks (I'd looked on youtube earlier without finding it).

If we win on Saturday and take it to the last game against Burton then it’s such a shame fans aren’t allowed in the ground that place would be rocking

Back
Top Bottom