Matches 10/10/2021 Mickey Lewis memorial game

Dont forget it's an oufc 'super sunday' with OUWFC home to thier Sw*nd*n counterparts ....yellow roses v the sows? ....early kick off at cpf ....with one for the road Mad Dog memorial to follow

I've bought a ticket, not sure if I will attend yet.

Actually I think it may have been a game away at Bury when we won 4-0. He didn't score but I remember he was bloody brilliant that day.

Was that the one where Dean Whitehead was outstanding and tore the Bury midfield apart?

Just checked Rageonline and must have been with Deano scoring twice. It was a fantastic game to be an away fan at.

Was that the one where Dean Whitehead was outstanding and tore the Bury midfield apart?

Just checked Rageonline and must have been with Deano scoring twice. It was a fantastic game to be an away fan at.
I went to that
Basham also scored 2?
Out of the blue as it was an Atkins side.

Hi Derby Fan back again, if I lived closer I'd be tempted to come to this one but I don't so have left a donation instead. We'll always remeber Micky's robust approachto the game fondly.

Robust is certainly a word I think we can all agree on!

Can someone please post up the link to the auction items and current bids , I don't seem to be able to find it and would potentially like to bid on something

Can't make the game today, unfortunately.

Micky was a hero of mine in the late 80's and early 90's, a real warrior, and a great bloke, who I had the pleasure to meet a number of times, and I'm gutted I won't be there to pay my respects.

Hope it's a big turnout, and everyone enjoys the occasion, and a lot of money is raised in honour of a true Oxford United legend, and a true gentleman.

Cheers Mad Dog 👏🙌💛

I always enjoy these kind of games. There are two types of ex-professional footballer: the ones that keep themselves physically fit and are still able to show flashes of what they were capable of in their heyday and the overweight ones who struggle to keep up and often provide comedy moments that get the biggest cheers.

FYI

I’ve spotted that you can also donate through the tickets website. If you haven’t done yet and are buying some tickets for any upcoming games, that’s also a good way to give to the Mickey Lewis Fund too.

A good afternoons entertainment. Young Zack Lewis being given the run of the park was great fun, scored a hat trick and made man of the match. Standing ovation for the lad, well deserved. (He did look a tad off side but no-one complained!)
We had gone for the hospitality and enjoyed a decent pie with chips and beans pre-match. I'd pay for that at a league game if it was available! (not the £70.00 being charged at the moment though!)
There were some real sports out there and a more than a few tired muscles etc. for some this evening.

*Edit: Just read the report and apparently he didn't get a hat trick, never mind, he did get the match ball!

A good afternoons entertainment. Young Zack Lewis being given the run of the park was great fun, scored a hat trick and made man of the match. Standing ovation for the lad, well deserved. (He did look a tad off side but no-one complained!)
We had gone for the hospitality and enjoyed a decent pie with chips and beans pre-match. I'd pay for that at a league game if it was available! (not the £70.00 being charged at the moment though!)
There were some real sports out there and a more than a few tired muscles etc. for some this evening.

*Edit: Just read the report and apparently he didn't get a hat trick, never mind, he did get the match ball!
Don’t think they play the offside rule at under 9’s 😉

My son and I went.
Pleasantly surprised by the turn out. 3,000 is very decent.

Great to see some of the old players again. Les Robinson looked well up for it and kept running. LSD and Alfie can still play a bit. Johnny Lager was desperate to shot/score.

Lovely for his son to score a couple.

So glad I made it.

RIP Mad Dog.

Back
Top Bottom