if we are still in the top 6 come 21:45 i will be happy I

So I haven’t seen a thread yet for the games tonight the important games are
Sunderland vs Blackpool
Accrington vs Portsmouth
Shrewsbury vs Lincoln
Charlton vs Crewe
if we are still in the top 6 come 21:45 i will be happy I
So will i

I was going to start a thread about these games. I have moved it to the OUFC matches section.

Sunderland vs Blackpool - I can see Sunderland beating them which isnt a bad thing?
Accrington vs Portsmouth - I can unfortunately see Pompey winning
Shrewsbury vs Lincoln - Again, the away team winning
Charlton vs Crewe - A home win, unfortunately.

If my predictions are correct, tonight's table will be

Hull 86
Peterborough - 85
----------------------
Sunderland - 76
Lincoln - 75
Pompey - 71
Charlton - 69
--------------------
OUFC - 68
Blackpool - 68

I'll go with a Sunderland win (or more importantly Blackpool defeat!), Pompey and Lincoln drawing and Charlton beating Crewe.

That would still mean that Pompey would need to drop another point, but the pressure will then be on them. Blackpool still have an extra game, as do Charlton but I think that they'll drop more points.

A Blackpool and Portsmouth win will make things very much harder for us.

Pompey away at Accrington is a dificult one and Lincoln haven't been having a good run recently. Could be a couple of draws there.Agree Charlton should win.

Pompey's form is very hit and miss at the moment, but so is Accrington's. Could see a bore draw playing out in that game. Sunderland should hopefully win, but Shrews and Crewe will probably lose. Would drop us out the playoffs but only by 1 point which wouldn't be too bad. Today is probably the easier of the fixtures for all four teams except Blackpool, so any points dropped from Charlton, Pompey and Lincoln today is a big bonus. Tbh I'm not sure I'm fussed about the Lincoln game too much, because a win for them against Charlton next Tuesday will be much more useful for us that the opposite result. My god do we need Accrington to hit some mad form these last few games, playing against our competitors 3 times.

Pompey have a difficult one tonight and bizarrely have to play Accrington at home on the last day. In between they have Wimbledon away so very tricky finish for them.

Pompey away at Accrington is a dificult one and Lincoln haven't been having a good run recently. Could be a couple of draws there.Agree Charlton should win.
Lincoln had won 3 in a row before their defeat to Hull on Saturday.
But Shrewsbury are a funny side recently, so it will certainly be a test. I think we're looking more at Sunderland and Accrington favours though.

Tbh I'm not sure I'm fussed about the Lincoln game too much, because a win for them against Charlton next Tuesday will be much more useful for us that the opposite result.

The Lincoln match could be important. If they lose tonight, then they have two difficult away matches against Peterborough and Charlton. They could be going into the final game against Wimbledon needing a win to get to 75 points.

The Lincoln match could be important. If they lose tonight, then they have two difficult away matches against Peterborough and Charlton. They could be going into the final game against Wimbledon needing a win to get to 75 points.
The thing is, they'll definitely get that. Even if it does go to that final day, and I don't imagine it will, at home to Wombles is a dreamy final fixture. I don't think we should be targeting Lincoln, they're too far ahead. In fact, we could do with them finding some form and spanking Charlton for us next week.

I fancy Pompey to lose tonight. Apparently they were woeful against the Gas on Saturday, and they've really been out of form recently. That would all but rule them out, I think. I also expect Blackpool to lose, judging by the comments on their forum their players all look shattered. Anything other than a win for Charlton would be a massive bonus. Crewe are no pushovers, but these aren't the game where they'll drop points, it's their final two.

I was going to start a thread about these games. I have moved it to the OUFC matches section.

Sunderland vs Blackpool - I can see Sunderland beating them which isnt a bad thing?
Accrington vs Portsmouth - I can unfortunately see Pompey winning
Shrewsbury vs Lincoln - Again, the away team winning
Charlton vs Crewe - A home win, unfortunately.

If my predictions are correct, tonight's table will be

Hull 86
Peterborough - 85
----------------------
Sunderland - 76
Lincoln - 75
Pompey - 71
Charlton - 69
--------------------
OUFC - 68
Blackpool - 68
Thanks eaststandboy for sorting a good location and renaming the thread sounds better 😁

I shall be supporting 4 teams tonight then of course I’ll always be supporting the mighty yellows, is that multitasking ? ......

• React
Reactions: m
Fully expecting us to be 8th come 9pm tonight but will be wearing the shirt for good luck. We've been quite lucky with other results in recent weeks🤞.

For one night only we are Accrington, Sunderland, and Crewe fans, and possibly Shrewsbury supporters.

If we are still in the playoffs going into Saturday then we have every chance. The pressure will mount on all the clubs.

I think Blackpool will get 10 more pts

Charlton 6

Pompey 4

Tighten your seat belts could go down to Goal Difference

odds of 25-1 for balckpool, portsmouth, charlton and lincoln to win. Which suggests it is unlikely.

Last edited:
Blackpool are away at Northampton on Saturday - anything other than a win will see the Cobblers relegated.

Back
Top Bottom