Matches 10/10/2021 Mickey Lewis memorial game

No he isn't. And he never will.

There's more chance of me changing my name to Robin and becoming a Swindon season ticket holder, whilst feasting on a diet of Wiltshire Ham and joining the Willie Carson fan club!
One word would sum that up

TRAITOR

But you wouldn’t would you? 😊

There's more chance of me changing my name to Robin and becoming a Swindon season ticket holder, whilst feasting on a diet of Wiltshire Ham and joining the Willie Carson fan club!

Isn’t there a clause in our license agreement allowing a certain number of extra non-season games for example pre season friendlies, open days, testimonials and OSC?

So perhaps not as generous an offer as suggested.

He let his asset be used for FREE.............. this is the same bloke who used to open the doors as late as possible on matchdays.

Don`t let your preconceptions and experience cloud the reality that everyone mellows as they see their end coming............ ;)

He let his asset be used for FREE.............. this is the same bloke who used to open the doors as late as possible on matchdays.

Don`t let your preconceptions and experience cloud the reality that everyone mellows as they see their end coming............ ;)
His end is definitely coming!

There is a more positive relationship between the club and Kassam, but let's not pretend that he's trying to do anyone any favours. He's been like a school yard bully for so long but has now met his match and more from a board that have stood up to him. So let's not paint him as anything other than the t**t that he is, even if he is finally doing the right things.

My preconceptions? My comment is nothing to do with any preconceptions, but is based on knowing what the current relationship is.

Whereas yours is based on what exactly?

My preconceptions? My comment is nothing to do with any preconceptions, but is based on knowing what the current relationship is.

EY has been saying for some time that we would stay at the Kassam and as the new owners are wealthy they will buy it. He also seems to believe that the nice Mr Kasssm will give the new owners a good deal.
Unless he is on a big wind up?

Enjoyed the day, good effort from the club - Thought they could have opened the club shop and gave all proceedings to the family?

That people's behaviour and thought process can change as they see their own journey reaching an end...... oohhmmmmmmmm.

EY has been saying for some time that we would stay at the Kassam and as the new owners are wealthy they will buy it. He also seems to believe that the nice Mr Kasssm will give the new owners a good deal.
Unless he is on a big wind up?

Stranger things have happened so to explain my "wind up".
There are 3,000 or so houses going "over the road" on nice easy to build on green fields, increased customer base.
In turn that makes the Kassam/Ozone a brownfield site, so making the presumption that it's going for "affordable" housing to a company like Keepmoat or the Southern version of.
Around these parts, Keepmoat is developing a former industrial/waterside area that they acquired from the council for next to nothing in land price terms.
Now the Kassam/Ozone isn`t former industrial but it won`t be worth an "Oxford premium" housing price especially if it forms part of the affordable housing deal.
That opens the door .............
There is the space to redevelop what is there, the footprint is similar in size to the King Power without thinking of the Ozone and the like.
In practical terms we could still play there while the work takes place, several clubs have done the same.

Just a different thought process, thats all.

That people's behaviour and thought process can change as they see their own journey reaching an end...... oohhmmmmmmmm.

There are 3,000 or so houses going "over the road" on nice easy to build on green fields, increased customer base.
In turn that makes the Kassam/Ozone a brownfield site, so making the presumption that it's going for "affordable" housing to a company like Keepmoat or the Southern version of.
Around these parts, Keepmoat is developing a former industrial/waterside area that they acquired from the council for next to nothing in land price terms.
Now the Kassam/Ozone isn`t former industrial but it won`t be worth an "Oxford premium" housing price especially if it forms part of the affordable housing deal.
There is the space to redevelop what is there, the footprint is similar in size to the King Power without thinking of the Ozone and the like.
In practical terms we could still play there while the work takes place, several clubs have done the same.

Rebuild from within whilst the exterior is being constructed

This is the wrong thread to be fair, so my last post on this thread not relating to Micky Lewis.
I understand what you are saying, but there is one huge thing you seem to be totally ignoring. That is the cost and why pays for what.
For those if us not ITK it seems pretty obvious what the owners want to do and how they are likely to try and find it on a new site.
I can see no way that the Kassam could be a financially viable option to the owners (on the basis that they didn't get to where they are by spending a lot of money on a project they are unlikely to receive a return on). How do the numbers work?

As I thought, guesswork.

Alternative view if that`s OK with you? Kind of the idea of a forum and we aren`t being told anything concrete so we can wish for the moon on a stick.

On track - donate here. https://uk.gofundme.com/f/mickey-lewis-memorial-fund-official
But it's not just an alternative view is it?

You told me my views were based on preconceptions, when I've already responded by saying that they are not, they're based on knowledge of the situation. You can wish for "the moon on a stick" if you want, but I'll stick to the facts.

You told me my views were based on preconceptions, when I've already responded by saying that they are not, they're based on knowledge of the situation. You can wish for "the moon on a stick" if you want, but I'll stick to the facts.
I can absolutely see both sides here. Colin B, I don't know you or who you are but lots of people say you are very knowledgeable and to be believed, so I'm happy to go with that. But no one has given us anything concrete at all so it's not surprising that people will speculate and come up with their own theories.

When was the last time you spoke to FK? How do you know he hasn`t had an (unlikely) epiphany? He might have called the rich kids and said "Do you know what £25 million and it`s yours". Equally, he might not.

You might know, you might not.
You might know all the details and are having to "sit on your fingers", but the aforementioned facts are very few and far between for the run-of-the-mill supporter.

Nothing wrong with alternative ideas or discussing them.

I can absolutely see both sides here. Colin B, I don't know you or who you are but lots of people say you are very knowledgeable and to be believed, so I'm happy to go with that. But no one has given us anything concrete at all so it's not surprising that people will speculate and come up with their own theories.
Such is the nature of confidentiality it breeds rumours.

When was the last time you spoke to FK? How do you know he hasn`t had an (unlikely) epiphany? He might have called the rich kids and said "Do you know what £25 million and it`s yours". Equally, he might not.

You might know, you might not.
You might know all the details and are having to "sit on your fingers", but the aforementioned facts are very few and far between for the run-of-the-mill supporter.

Nothing wrong with alternative ideas or discussing them.

Everything you need to know about my position (and as much as I'm prepared to say on a public forum) is in my post No 115.

I'm not getting involved in a tit for tat, and people can believe what they want, but what's the point of someone reputable saying that they know the facts, when you're not going to believe them?

Last word on this thread from me, as it's supposed to be about Mickey Lewis.

Back
Top Bottom