Matches 27/04/2021 - Playoff pack games

Us score 10 goals in 2 games, one away game followed by one home game... Christ, when was the last time that happened? Oh, 2 weeks ago [emoji6]
But.... we would 'only need to win our games by a maximum of 8 goals if Sunderland lose both.

But.... we would 'only need to win our games by a maximum of 8 goals if Sunderland lose both.
Good point. We can stand Long and Ruffs down then, rest of the lads should be able to cover only 8 without needing the heavy artillery.

Blackpool arent completely home dry. Tough match away to northampton on saterday. Donny at home, who got a draw vs peterborough today. Then brizzle rovers who will be playing for pride (and new contracts)

The only shame is Accrington let a 2-0 lead slip. I know it could of been worse when Pompey went 3-2 up but Accrington had so many chances.

The play off place is now Pompey's to loose, they go to Wimbledon who even if they loose look like staying up on goal difference at the worst. Then comes the home game against Accrington who won't have nothing to play for except pride.

On paper you would say Pompey should get the 6 points as the other 2 teams won't be as committed to get a result.

Charlton would of been right in it if it wasn't for the late equaliser from Crewe. They would of only needed 6 points from the remaining 3 games to finish 1 point ahead of us, Now it seems the impossible task of 3 wins out of 3.

Shrewsbury and Burton will be similar for us. I just hope we concentrate on winning our games first as we have hardly performed under pressure. The positive is we have the better goal difference at the moment out of all 3.

The only shame is Accrington let a 2-0 lead slip. I know it could of been worse when Pompey went 3-2 up but Accrington had so many chances.

The play off place is now Pompey's to loose, they go to Wimbledon who even if they loose look like staying up on goal difference at the worst. Then comes the home game against Accrington who won't have nothing to play for except pride.

On paper you would say Pompey should get the 6 points as the other 2 teams won't be as committed to get a result.

Charlton would of been right in it if it wasn't for the late equaliser from Crewe. They would of only needed 6 points from the remaining 3 games to finish 1 point ahead of us, Now it seems the impossible task of 3 wins out of 3.

Shrewsbury and Burton will be similar for us. I just hope we concentrate on winning our games first as we have hardly performed under pressure. The positive is we have the better goal difference at the moment out of all 3.

Wimbledon will be desperate to get a point on Sarturday to secure survival, they won't want to rely on getting something away to Lincoln or Rochdale not winning their games.
Also, Accy will want 'revenge' for a game they feel they should have won.

Charlton look a long shot now.

Agree with all of that except the bit about Pompey, Wimbledon`s goal difference with Rochdale is close enough for them to want
to get at least a point and thats the same Accrington that had nothing to play for tonight and still managed +20 shots on goal.
It`s far from a given they will win these 2 games.

If we win our next 2 i think there is a more than a fair chance we will grab that 6th spot.

I went from throwing in the towel to jumping for joy! I think it's between us, Charlton and Pompey now, and the form is on our side. All we can do is win our two games and that, hopefully, will be enough. Pompey look really poor at the moment, and Charlton have a tough run in. We are very much in this!

Agree with all of that except the bit about Pompey, Wimbledon`s goal difference with Rochdale is close enough for them to want
to get at least a point and thats the same Accrington that had nothing to play for tonight and still managed +20 shots on goal.
It`s far from a given they will win these 2 games.

If we win our next 2 i think there is a more than a fair chance we will grab that 6th spot.

You're right, I read the goal difference wrong. It's only a 5 goal difference so they need a point to guarantee safety.

Back
Top Bottom