Matches 04/05/2021 - Playoff pack games

I’m kind of happy Charlton won. It means we know we HAVE to win & also puts another chunk of pressure on Pompey knowing there’s 2 teams chasing them down.

And if Pompey win, which is pretty likely to be honest, they have the added joy of getting revenge for us spoiling their chance last season...

And if Pompey win, which is pretty likely to be honest, they have the added joy of getting revenge for us spoiling their chance last season...

I don’t think we spoiled there chance last season. In fact I’d say they threw away there opportunity. Both teams in that play off semi final were very much below par, and that’s both legs!

They then had the same opportunity as us on Penalties and they missed, and we didn’t. I’d say that they choked more than anything, but we definitely didn’t spoil there chance.

My fingers and toes are still crossed and will be crossed, hoping for a win on Sunday and Pompey don’t, there are lots of games where we should and could have got an extra point, such as AFC or Accy most recently, but we are where we are ........ roll on 12 Sunday when the heart rate will increase 🤞🤞🤞

If Chalton drop points Saturday and Portsmouth lose, we’d still only need a point (I think)

So at the moment it’s looks like.

Playoffs
Blackpool v Portsmouth, Oxford Utd, or Charlton
Lincoln v Sunderland.

I think if we make it, we will get promoted

After that it goes to
Number of wins, then goals scored in away games and then onto a points based system based on the disciplinary records.

And if you still can't separate them - a playoff match....

(Of course it won't come to that, as Portsmouth won at the Kassam ☹)

The results in the season against Pompey won’t come into it. If we finish on equal points (ie, we draw, they lose), GD will be in our favour and that sequence of results wouldn’t impact GD.

Where it may come into it in an unlikely set of results is if Charlton and us win and Pompey lose. It would require a pretty sizeable thumping of Hull by Charlton to do that though.

So at the moment it’s looks like.

Playoffs
Blackpool v Portsmouth, Oxford Utd, or Charlton
Lincoln v Sunderland.

I think if we make it, we will get promoted
I said the winner of us or Pompey would beat the winner of Fleetwood or Wycombe, how wrong was I?!

Pompey still have a grudge against us after the penalty shoot out last year.

If we don't go up we will have to play Wycombe again next season. We will have the misfortune of that being our local derby, unless you include Cheltenham.

Pompey still have a grudge against us after the penalty shoot out last year.

If we don't go up we will have to play Wycombe again next season. We will have the misfortune of that being our local derby, unless you include Cheltenham.
Plus a decent Away day at Derby and/or Sheff Weds both who i dont believe have visited Grenoble Road so should be full houses!

The job is still the same. Better Pompey's result. In reality the chances of us not getting in are high, but win the game and give yourselves the best shot possible. To not make it on 74 points its unlucky, but it's final day, and Pompey have a habit of bottling recently, so get those three points on the board and who knows what will happen.

I am sure John Coleman will want to help a fellow Scouser! All we need is them to stop Pompey winning - draw suits us!

Plus a decent Away day at Derby and/or Sheff Weds both who i dont believe have visited Grenoble Road so should be full houses!
Imagine both coming down?😂👍🏽
two more conceited clubs who consider themselves far too good for league1!!😂

Back
Top Bottom