Home Match Build Up 23/09/2023 L1: OUFC v Exeter City

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The professionalism of this interview is impressive. Calm, open, calibrated questions rather than the usual over-excitable, leading questions that we get from Chris, nice guy as he is I’m sure!
As much as he has been a faithful servant of the club over the years, I personally can't stand listening to his interviews. It sounds like he's a primary school teacher interviewing his pupils at times. One area we need to improve on massively.

As much as he has been a faithful servant of the club over the years, I personally can't stand listening to his interviews. It sounds like he's a primary school teacher interviewing his pupils at times. One area we need to improve on massively.
I find the same. I’m sure he’s a lovely man but I wish he would be less patronising and a little more probing.

Agree here too. Not sure what it is, but he just irritates me. Sorry, Chris.
For me his enthusiasm and love for the club gets in the way of being a good interviewer. He needs to trust the people he is interviewing rather than present them, within his questions, the answers. As has already been said, whilst with good intent, it comes across as patronizing, the equivalent of an overbearing parent trying to direct and make sure their child says the right thing to the adult!

REF WATCH

Derbyshire referee Daniel Middleton takes charge of this Saturday’s clash with Exeter City.

Middleton was promoted to the EFL in the summer of 2023. This is his second L1 fixture.

FbVEIb8WAAccHpQ
lets hope come full time on Saturday, this particular Middleton really is 'vindicated'

The professionalism of this interview is impressive. Calm, open, calibrated questions rather than the usual over-excitable, leading questions that we get from Chris, nice guy as he is I’m sure!

I never get fed up with listening to LM, a complete contrast to the mouthpiece we had previously.

A complete breath of fresh air!

I never get fed up with listening to LM, a complete contrast to the mouthpiece we had previously.

I would imagine that’s dependant on results and therefore the mood of the listener. I reckon if you’re on a run of bad form and bad results that he could very easily be seen as dull and inspiring, and could easily have people accusing him of being clueless and incapable of motivating a team as he’s so drab etc etc.

What I would say is that even if things do get a bit choppy at some point, he comes across as a thoroughly decent, honest man with integrity who believes in behaving professionally. He’s not a nasty bullshit merchant who will sandbag the football club and use it as a shield to protect himself, despite fundamentally tearing it apart while pretending otherwise. I’ll take that all day long. He seems to be a really good guy.

As for tomorrow - home win.

He's definitely taken to his media training. Calm and measured, yes, but the way he avoids answering certain questions annoys me.

I was media trained once. At the end my colleagues suggested I should ask for a refund as there was no chance of me ever being put in front of a reporter 😁

What I love about this is the point he makes about being excellent every day about getting people into apartments and houses and thinking much more about the whole picture.

It really is refreshing not to hear we move on or it’s one of them.

It’s a process, we put the structure in place and we follow the process.

Hoping tomorrow that we can show that all our new signings have blended well enough to continue some good results.
Need to get consistent again and pull off a few wins

Hard to call this one. I've noticed since LM took over, from what I can recall, we rarely totally tosh - we're just disconnected with no end product - like the game is there to be won. It's a staggering thought because for all the planning they say they do for each match - to be disjointed makes you wonder what the difference is between each match. Do other teams work us out and have the confidence to play against us? I don't think we'll draw. It'll just be won of those loses.

Big test tomorrow should be a good crowd ,we need a good home performance we seem to be playing well away from home because we play well on the counter attack .But it would be nice to get Cam on the front foot and see a Rodriguez goal 2-0 and a good attacking performance.

Hard to call this one. I've noticed since LM took over, from what I can recall, we rarely totally tosh - we're just disconnected with no end product - like the game is there to be won. It's a staggering thought because for all the planning they say they do for each match - to be disjointed makes you wonder what the difference is between each match. Do other teams work us out and have the confidence to play against us? I don't think we'll draw. It'll just be won of those loses.
What?

Eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom