Home Match Build Up 23/09/2023 L1: OUFC v Exeter City

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to call this one. I've noticed since LM took over, from what I can recall, we rarely totally tosh - we're just disconnected with no end product - like the game is there to be won. It's a staggering thought because for all the planning they say they do for each match - to be disjointed makes you wonder what the difference is between each match. Do other teams work us out and have the confidence to play against us? I don't think we'll draw. It'll just be won of those loses.

Hard to call this one. I've noticed since LM took over, from what I can recall, we rarely totally tosh - we're just disconnected with no end product - like the game is there to be won. It's a staggering thought because for all the planning they say they do for each match - to be disjointed makes you wonder what the difference is between each match. Do other teams work us out and have the confidence to play against us? I don't think we'll draw. It'll just be won of those loses.
I agree that it's hard to call. There should be nothing in it as both teams are propping up the league, but disjointed with no end product? Bloody Nora, I don't think this football lark is for you.

I agree that it's hard to call. There should be nothing in it as both teams are propping up the league, but disjointed with no end product? Bloody Nora, I don't think this football lark is for you.

In NTWBT's defense - we were definitely disjointed with no end product at Cambridge. That was a poor performance, that got a few people worried.
(Port Vale wasn't as bad - we were just victims of our own ill-discipline. All all the other league games this season, we've been in control)

But I think Cambridge was more a bad day at the office, with us not having things quite figured out yet (as well as not starting McGuane) rather than Bonner "working us out". Although if I was an opposition manager, and worried about playing us, I think 'Flood the midfield and lump it to an oversized striker' is probably the strategy of choice....not sure if Exeter have the personnel for that, though.

Drinking is bad for you đź‘Ť

Reckon we're in for a tough game tomorrow. Caldwell speaks well, get very similar vibes to Liam Manning.

Also compare that interview to one Chris Williams would do.

Reckon we're in for a tough game tomorrow. Caldwell speaks well, get very similar vibes to Liam Manning.

Also compare that interview to one Chris Williams would do.

Incoming drama and debate…

“Chris Williams has become the new fall guy now the team are playing well”

I think he’s a nice guy and what makes us a real club connected to fans is having folks like him about. Not everything had to be slick.

I think he’s a nice guy and what makes us a real club connected to fans is having folks like him about. Not everything had to be slick.
“SCAPEGOAT!!!!”

I think Chris Williams is a really nice guy, produces well written match reports and is a legend of the club and I hope stays for many years

But yeah he’s not a good interviewer

They're likely to employ a high press against us - will we be able to get around it? I think we'll win though.

I'm going for the win tomorrow . We get a little better every week and I don't think we've reached our full potential yet. Anyway Exeter may well go for the win and not put ten men behind the ball; which would be the only way to stop us scoring:

Oxford United 2 - Exeter City 1.

Interesting comments from Gary Caldwell.
He suggested that having studied Oxford, he was surprised how pragmatic we are. He expected us to be more expansive.

Somewhat petulant response to a reasonable debate that was highlighted by an interviewer who demonstrated how it should be done. The difference highlighting what you will find many of us have been saying for a while, even more so when we were playing poorly under Robinson and Chris’ style was exceptionally poor. This club is slowly being professionalized and this is an example of it, and that’s a good thing I feel. Just as we want better players when and where they are needed, the same should also apply to the people behind the scenes. Not saying he should be moved on, but interviewing is clearly not his thing, where this is clearly hers. She was personable and professional, and it was nice to be able to listen to the manager and player being interviewed in a way that enabled them to express their opinion without being skewed and or directed by CW’s leading questions (and interjections) as is far too often the case. Such may connect you, but for many of us it doesn’t.

Last edited:
If ever a game has had 4-2 home win written all over it, it is this one. I have never been more certain in predicting an outcome. COYY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom