Home Match Day Thread 22/01/2022 L1: OUFC v Sheffield Wednesday

EXTENDED MATCH HIGHLIGHTS with BBC Sheffield commentary from Rob Staton and John Pearson.

The comments around their opening goal were hilariously over the top. Whilst it was a good goal, if that is up for goal of the season then they haven't scored many good ones. And the follow up about Barca, the commentary team were definitely going over the top.

No one and I mean NO ONE did pointing like Martin Gray. He also liked a gee-up the crowd gesture.

Amazing how little it takes to win over a crowd. .

Matt Murphy.

There was a lad who could point.

I thought their player didn’t go down straight away and hesitated maybe that’s why the good referee didn’t give a penalty
That really shouldn't matter or even come into the equation, was he fouled yes or no. The Ref cannot add "Filters" like yes he was fouled but i don't like the way he's fallen.

The Ref did have a fair game but on the ref thread I suspect his score would be very different had the incident involved denying us a penalty.

I can see why it wasn't given as the ' fall ' did make it look a bit suss especially as he was running straight into two other defenders .
It was a pen but one look

Players who could point?...

s-l400.jpg

I’ve a 50p touched by the great Mr Foster from when I was a mascot. V Brighton.So I’ll have no negative posts please…
Would never dare besmirch the great man. Fantastic player for us.

That really shouldn't matter or even come into the equation, was he fouled yes or no. The Ref cannot add "Filters" like yes he was fouled but i don't like the way he's fallen.

The Ref did have a fair game but on the ref thread I suspect his score would be very different had the incident involved denying us a penalty.
At the ground in real time, my thought at the time was 50/50 . It did look a big of a dive. Did most people at the time think clear pen?
It wasnt shown, but McNally's long run looked like it could be a penalty when he was 'brought down' right at the edge of the box but was it a foul?

'borrowed ' from OWS , in case anyone missed it .....

View attachment 7941

Agreed. Good on the young lads and have been in touch with a couple get a flag or two added to their ranks..

Question for them and also the Ultras, Michelle showed me where the old flags were (under the east and at the back) are any of the material reusable or are they worthless? They were very damp when I looked at getting them out for the display back in the lockdown days.

At the ground in real time, my thought at the time was 50/50 . It did look a big of a dive. Did most people at the time think clear pen?
It wasnt shown, but McNally's long run looked like it could be a penalty when he was 'brought down' right at the edge of the box but was it a foul?
Watching online, on the replays both incidents looked like fouls, but I could see why both weren’t given

Would never dare besmirch the great man. Fantastic player for us.
Agreed. Ran the show when United won 3-1 at Ewood Park for example. I think he found it far too easy playing at our level......even with his lack of pace.

Back
Top Bottom