Home Match Day Thread 22/01/2022 L1: OUFC v Sheffield Wednesday

At the ground in real time, my thought at the time was 50/50 . It did look a big of a dive. Did most people at the time think clear pen?
It wasnt shown, but McNally's long run looked like it could be a penalty when he was 'brought down' right at the edge of the box but was it a foul?
Dive! If he had gone down as soon as Seddon went in for the challenge he may have got one. But it was like he had been shot when he went down

At the ground in real time, my thought at the time was 50/50 . It did look a big of a dive. Did most people at the time think clear pen?
It wasnt shown, but McNally's long run looked like it could be a penalty when he was 'brought down' right at the edge of the box but was it a foul?
Both were right in front of where I sit.

They should definitely have had a pen, everyone around me couldn't believe it when it wasn't given, it was nailed on, even KR admitted that. McNally's was a 50/50 shoulder charge, we all of course demanded a penalty at the time but much more in hope than expectation.

You're not known for your impartiality @bazzer9461 :) - one look at a matchday thread will prove that.
If it was and we got away with one then fair enough but from where we sit we all thought the same. The challenge was made and he didn’t go down immediately but probably hesitated to see if the ball came back to him, that’s why I don’t think it was a penalty but have seen them given and glad the ref felt the same as us plus I don’t remember to much claims by Sheffield Wednesday.

We definitely need fullback cover and another centre half now!!. If we make the playoffs, there is no way we can rely on Hanson and Mous' as backup.

Sam Winnall just got to say humble pie has never tasted better after my very negative posts about him previously. He looked very effective in his twenty minute cameo. I just wonder why thats all weve seen so far. Hopefully him and Agyei will show we dont need any past it strikers

Sam Winnall just got to say humble pie has never tasted better after my very negative posts about him previously. He looked very effective in his twenty minute cameo. I just wonder why thats all weve seen so far. Hopefully him and Agyei will show we dont need any past it strikers
It's not all, he did score some excellent goals last season. The main issue with him has been fitness and injury unfortunately.

The invader has been banned for 3 years but is un-named!
That’s something, but was he one of our regulars or someone pissed with a spare ticket given to him. Totally embarrassing especially after last week at Wycombe

From that report
"Meanwhile, United will work with Thames Valley Police after two stewards needed hospital treatment following ‘serious incidents’ in the away section. This involved Wednesday fans only"

From that report
"Meanwhile, United will work with Thames Valley Police after two stewards needed hospital treatment following ‘serious incidents’ in the away section. This involved Wednesday fans only"
Their reduction in allocation from 1,700 to 1,400 was due to previous issues at away grounds.

Back
Top Bottom