Home Match Build Up 22/01/2022 L1: OUFC v Sheffield Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malc

Staff member
Will this be the largest attendance of the season so far?

More important, will we win?

Time to stop the slide and keep up with the rest.

back to winning ways, with our first win of 2022 ....and in front of decent attendance too

Stevens (if he's ready)
Long Moore Thornily Seddon
CamBran
Henry Sykes
Whyte Taylor Holland

Cam HAS to be the quarter back. We were far too limited with McGuane there. Henry and Sykes in the middle for creativity and to create a good rotation on the wings. Difficult to defend when you have three players on each side of the pitch who can rotate attacking the fullback and who can pick out a cross. We saw how vulnerable Wednesday can be at the back when you run at them in the away game. Do it again and put them on the back foot from minute 1.

2-1, Henry and Whyte with first half goals. Wednesday get 1 back at 75 to create a nervy finish but we hold on with no fingernails left.

I know we have all lost a great deal of faith in Agyei but, with the only other option being Winnall, if, and that's a big if, KR goes with a brief period of two strikers then, I would rather have Agyei on the bench for that moment.

I know we have all lost a great deal of faith in Agyei but, with the only other option being Winnall, if, and that's a big if, KR goes with a brief period of two strikers then, I would rather have Agyei on the bench for that moment.
Agyei had a decent game (in yesterdays behind closed doors match) .... 2 assists , hit the post a couple of times and forced a really good save from 'nams keeper, his two assists were crosses, presume he was playing to the right of Winnall? , also Agyei put in the full 90 mins (+)

Agyei had a decent game (in yesterdays behind closed doors match) .... 2 assists , hit the post a couple of times and forced a really good save from 'nams keeper, his two assists were crosses, presume he was playing to the right of Winnall? , also Agyei put in the full 90 mins (+)
Then the foundation is there for something akin to what we had earlier in the season. We all (mostly) argued that Agyei was not a winger but, if it works and he offers something different, why not?

I am afraid that I have little faith in Agyei to make an impact for any length of time in a meaningful match. Having said that, I have far *less* faith in Winnall - which is a shame, because he is a shadow of the player he was. So I agree, I would much rather have Agyei come on to play in a two then Winnall - whether I'd like to see either of them come on to replace Taylor and be the lone central striker is another matter!

Haven't we signed anyone yet?

No. From the article.....

"From Thursday, January 28, mandatory Covid passes on entry to large events will no longer be required."
I never know what to believe when it spews out of our PMs mouth

so it's a staggered lifting of plan b restrictions then?.... and not'... from as early as tomorrow', as (mis)reported/ implied then

Hi thanks fot letting me join
After the match on saturday I need to get back to the train station
where is the best place to get the bus and what number is it.
I know there will be football special buses but some times there not so quick.
Or should I phone a taxi at the retail park
Thankyou

Hi thanks fot letting me join
After the match on saturday I need to get back to the train station
where is the best place to get the bus and what number is it.
I know there will be football special buses but some times there not so quick.
Or should I phone a taxi at the retail park
Thankyou
Route 1 on stage coach
Route 5 Oxford bus company

Where is the stop from the ground

There you go for the 5.

Bus Stop

Be warned you might not be able to take the most direst route from the Away End as our Mobile Berlin Wall maybe deployed across the back of the North Stand.

Taxi`s will get stuck close to the ground. Possibly easier to walk to the Catherine Wheel (Pub) and get one from there.

The ground is crap to get to and causes gridlock with a big crowd.

We need a new ground, you can help by signing this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom