Away Match Day Thread 21/11/2020 L1 Wigan Athletic v OUFC

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Better than Tuesday...which is not hard. Haven't really seen any truly poor performances. Mostly average ones though! Which again is an improvement, taking the positives.

We really should be ahead, will we go ahead and blow it and let Wigan score? Defensively we look OK, but the astray passes are a big worry.

We should win this, I would take a 1-0 off someone’s a**e but going on that performance Wigan are relegation bound and this is a massive chance to get 3 points. Big second half?

We’ve done ok in the first half and should be winning.
careless passing is going to cost us.

Apologies if I've not been paying attention earlier. When and why was the five subs rule brought in?

McGuane is just not up to it - I thought this from the first time I saw him - we need to off-load in January. We need to make changes now.

With the fresh hell of five subs from seven, what changes are you making now, if any?

Sykes and Forde on for Kelly and McGuane now, with the potential for others to come?

I think when the story of this season is told it will be acknowledged that we didn’t really need a new First choice right back, and to try to shoehorn in a new one to a defence that had lost its leader anyway was always an error. We’ve not been great but we do look so much more solid with Long there. It helps that Gorrin is having a superlative game too.

Ruffels distribution very poor, McGuane looks a touch off the pace and MT should never be missing those chances. But apart from that Ive enjoyed the performance. I like Kelly in the more advanced midfield role, when we get the ball down and play it we are showing that we have the technical players to dominate. Obita looks really good down that left hand side, making him our third (at least) possible starter there. At what point do we start querying whether that same solidity of first choice starter on the right wing isn’t as guaranteed?

Have to say though, I have a horrible feeling this will end as a 0-0 or a sucker punch 0-1.

I feel that Henry will score in the first 5 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom