Away Match Build Up 21/11/2020 L1 Wigan Athletic v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
There can't be a better fixture to improve in and gain some confidence: Wigan are in administration, can't sign players, have no manager, lost a key midfielder recently, were dumped out of the FA Cup by Chorley and gained 3 of their meagre points tally by catching Pompey cold on the first day of the season.
What could possibly go wrong...?
Bolton (away) last season.

It doesn't sound like Mous will be turning up for any lge games anytime soon if his knee is that bad and close to breaking down.

It's like Bolton again from last season, however "bad" Wigan are, after the rubbish served up by kr this season, I can only see a 2-0 home win. This is a must win game, looking at where they sit in the league.

The more I look at it and the more I hear, the sorrier this side is looking.

Injured, absent and unfit includes:
Hanson
Brannagan
Cooper
Mousinho
Winnall
Obita
Atkinson (returning from injury)
(Napa too if we want to consider all injuries)

Off-form (arguably) includes:
Henry
Ruffels
Kelly
McGuane

A challenge for anyone - make a competent looking XI from the rest ...

I think you can add Shodipo to that list of unfit players, he is only effective(ish) for about half an hour before he runs out of puff!

The more I look at it and the more I hear, the sorrier this side is looking.

Injured, absent and unfit includes:
Hanson
Brannagan
Cooper
Mousinho
Winnall
Obita
Atkinson (returning from injury)
(Napa too if we want to consider all injuries)

Off-form (arguably) includes:
Henry
Ruffels
Kelly
McGuane

A challenge for anyone - make a competent looking XI from the rest ...
Stevens
Forde Moore Long Elechi
Clare Sykes Gorrin Ageyi
Hall
Taylor

Stevens
Forde Moore Long Elechi
Clare Sykes Gorrin Ageyi
Hall
Taylor
I'd pretty much agree with that - though some might argue that Clare, Hall and Shodipo also fit into the 'off-form category, in which case you are then looking to add two of Spasov, Lopes, Cham-illion (see what I did there?), Lofthouse or Asonganyi into the mix....
...who'd be a manager eh?

I think you can add Shodipo to that list of unfit players, he is only effective(ish) for about half an hour before he runs out of puff!
You can also add Clare and Taylor. Clare because everyone but the manager can see he can't play right back but has ability further forward and Taylor because of the tactics employed. If Taylor is not supported in the 6 yard box he might just as well be on the bench. Apparently he touched the ball only 4 times on Tuesday. But then in his interview (see above) he comes across as very laid back and not that bothered.

You know what tomorrow im not bothered about the result im bored of hearing and reading how much it hurts the players how much passion they have to wear our yellow shirt the time for talking is now over show some pride show some desire it’s about time this team start to run through brick walls to help each other
Now go out there tomorrow and bring home 3 points 😁

I'm not sure that completely wholesale changes will help.
I'd go

Stevens
Forde Moore Atkinson/Long Ruffels
Gorrin
Clare Sykes Agyei
Henry
Taylor​
which is bloody narrow, but the middle 1-3 would be a 4 much of the time.

If we can’t win this game we are in serious trouble , no matter how bad the Crewe game was . This is in many sectors a lower level all together , a draw does not cut it for me . KR , please up your game and put the players in the positions they know how to play at , and let’s get some vocal support from the staff and subs bench . It as been flat everything and we just roll over . Everyone needs to man up and roll up their knowing we are going to give our all .

You can also add Clare and Taylor. Clare because everyone but the manager can see he can't play right back but has ability further forward and Taylor because of the tactics employed. If Taylor is not supported in the 6 yard box he might just as well be on the bench. Apparently he touched the ball only 4 times on Tuesday. But then in his interview (see above) he comes across as very laid back and not that bothered.
Clare , is a total nightmare at right back , midfield player. Taylor needs a rocket up his a**e , no matter how bad service for the forward line is . He is not working for the team . He is just a empty soul to last season.

A must win for KR. Wigan have been beyond poor since the opening day, we should be playing with plenty of attacking threat.

Stevens
Forde Moore Long Obita
Henry Gorrin Sykes
Clare Taylor Agyei

3 wingers down each side, start playing some triangles and get at them. A side which would stop boring me to death...

3-0 Wigan they will score from their first 2 shots on target and all 3 goals will be utterly s**t.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom