World Cup 2030 World Cup

The thing is FIFA will carry on doing all this and more, add extra teams, host it in the worst place possible and in weird ways etc, take bribes yet I will still watch it, despite knowing it’s a completely corrupt organisation run by a megalomaniac (let’s be honest here anyone who works at FIFA at a certain level is most likely bent as a nine bob note as well, so as we have previously seen regime change is pointless).

They have basically found the perfect crime, after the taking down of Blatter and it just carrying on as if nothing has happened I doubt any thing or one will ever change FIFA, it will just carrying on as the footballing version of Hydra/Spectre/Kidlington Parish Council (take your pick there), cut off one brown paper bag stuffed with cash carrying hand and two more grow back with an off shore tax haven bank account.

The thing is FIFA will carry on doing all this and more, add extra teams, host it in the worst place possible and in weird ways etc, take bribes yet I will still watch it, despite knowing it’s a completely corrupt organisation run by a megalomaniac (let’s be honest here anyone who works at FIFA at a certain level is most likely bent as a nine bob note as well, so as we have previously seen regime change is pointless).

Sad but true.

There's probably going to be 10-12 games played in 2026 within an hour and a half's drive from where I live.....and despite the fact that the competition is going to have a ridiculous structure, is going to go on forever, and is continuing to be organized by the world's most corrupt organization - I've already resigned myself that I'm going to end up paying eye-watering sums to go to as many of those games as I can......

Honest truth is that there is still no other event that captures the whole world's attention the way a World Cup does.

Sad but true.

There's probably going to be 10-12 games played in 2026 within an hour and a half's drive from where I live.....and despite the fact that the competition is going to have a ridiculous structure, is going to go on forever, and is continuing to be organized by the world's most corrupt organization - I've already resigned myself that I'm going to end up paying eye-watering sums to go to as many of those games as I can......

Honest truth is that there is still no other event that captures the whole world's attention the way a World Cup does.

I would be no different, when it comes to morals or Paraguay v South Korea only one winner and that’s FIFAs bank balance.

Can't wait for Ghana vs Japan played in Antarctica in 2054

Penguins will go mad for it

Can't wait for Ghana vs Japan played in Antarctica in 2054

Penguins will go mad for it

Ghana vs Japan is too big for Antarctica considering the pedigree of both teams.

More likely to be Tanzania v Azerbaijan.

Thunderbirds, dear boy, Thunderbirds.

This is magnificent pedantry. Bravo.

Remember to be worried about climate change and the like................ I`m sure all those superstars will be travelling by train or public transport......:rolleyes:

Remember to be worried about climate change and the like................ I`m sure all those superstars will be travelling by train or public transport......:rolleyes:

Building a train from Morocco to Uruguay is the sort of B*****s that BoJo used to come up with.

Multi-continent setup in 2030 clears the slate nicely for the Saudi tournament in 2034.

Bingo.

The saddest thing about it is that I will still watch it. They have the ultimate product and as much as I have my principles, thoughts on the whole affair and values that I think should be upheld, the World Cup is the ultimate football festival and it is wrench to pull myself away from it. I'm one of the many that continues to allow it to happen through switching every match on.

The only way this can be stopped is through the toppling of FIFA. Amidst scandal after scandal, they survive. You cut off one head with Blatter and get an even worse one in Infantino spring up in its place. Quite frankly, it needs a schism from its biggest members now and that doesn't look likely. A World Cup without the cream from Europe and South America (plus hopefully some like-minded nations - Australia, Japan, USA, Mexico perhaps) may just be the start. If they could act as a collective and develop a backbone, it may just be the start of pulling FIFA back from being the overwhelming negative force in world football.

Bingo.

The saddest thing about it is that I will still watch it. They have the ultimate product and as much as I have my principles, thoughts on the whole affair and values that I think should be upheld, the World Cup is the ultimate football festival and it is wrench to pull myself away from it. I'm one of the many that continues to allow it to happen through switching every match on.

The only way this can be stopped is through the toppling of FIFA. Amidst scandal after scandal, they survive. You cut off one head with Blatter and get an even worse one in Infantino spring up in its place. Quite frankly, it needs a schism from its biggest members now and that doesn't look likely. A World Cup without the cream from Europe and South America (plus hopefully some like-minded nations - Australia, Japan, USA, Mexico perhaps) may just be the start. If they could act as a collective and develop a backbone, it may just be the start of pulling FIFA back from being the overwhelming negative force in world football.

I think you just have to accept that a breakaway is never going to happen, FIFA is now the perfect criminal organisation and their will never be a change, to much money involved and to many pockets being lined for that to happen. Football has morals until a certain figure is reached (hello Jordan Henderson) in which case they don't matter.

Whether you watch the World Cup or not it will still happen so I will just watch the games and enjoy that side of it, no point missing something you enjoy for a futile gesture.

I'm not sure what the 'this' is that you want to stop but if, say, you wanted to create a footballing organisation that would be less corrupt and benefit global football development more then a Super League for wealthy and already successful countries would: simply concentrate money and thus facilitate corruption at the top of the money chain and reduce the amount that 'trickles down' to the Haitis and Marshall Islands.

I'm surprised it doesn't exist. now that I mention it.

If we go World Cup by World Cup by region since the millenium, it's:

2002 - Asia
2006 - Europe
2010 - Africa
2014 - South America
2018 - Europe
2022 - Asia
2026 - North America
2030 - Weird hybrid, but you know the business end of the competition is going to be in Europe
2034 - Asia

I understand why FIFA do it this way - most of the football money is in Europe, so it's going to keep getting a tournament every dozen years; and most of the brown envelopes stuffed with cash are coming from different parts of Asia, so so are they.

But it's the South Americans and Africans that are getting particularly screwed.
Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay are going to get a single game each - and that's going to be be it for the continent for more than twenty years.
And Morocco will probably get a dozen games or so.....they may throw a quarter-final their way.....and that's Africa supposed to be satisfied for a quarter century.

They give lip service to FIFA being a global institution......but in the end, corruption trumps all.

Good to see that Australia had the sense to ‘no bid’ rather than waste millions on a contest that they would never have won.
FIFA’s multi-continent 2030 tournament effectively gave the 2034 World Cup to Saudi.

If we go World Cup by World Cup by region since the millenium, it's:

2002 - Asia
2006 - Europe
2010 - Africa
2014 - South America
2018 - Europe
2022 - Asia
2026 - North America
2030 - Weird hybrid, but you know the business end of the competition is going to be in Europe
2034 - Asia

I understand why FIFA do it this way - most of the football money is in Europe, so it's going to keep getting a tournament every dozen years; and most of the brown envelopes stuffed with cash are coming from different parts of Asia, so so are they.

But it's the South Americans and Africans that are getting particularly screwed.
Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay are going to get a single game each - and that's going to be be it for the continent for more than twenty years.
And Morocco will probably get a dozen games or so.....they may throw a quarter-final their way.....and that's Africa supposed to be satisfied for a quarter century.

They give lip service to FIFA being a global institution......but in the end, corruption trumps all.
If you take this down to country level, I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever see a World Cup in my own country. Looking at your list, it could be 2042 before England has another chance to host the tournament, that will be 76 years between the two if we get that. Mexico have hosted it 3 times since 1970. The United States twice since 1994. Germany twice since 1974.

Two of the biggest countries in world football, England (1966) and Spain (1982), have hosted it only once. Surely one of them has to be in line to give it another go soon.

Back
Top Bottom