World Cup Women’s world cup

thinking aloud re Saturday's quaterfinals - Lionessess game is the later KO - will the home game V Carlisle sat have a later/ delayed Kick off time due to overlapping with the Lionessess WWC game I wonder ?

I doubt it , but you never know? - and it should've been announced by now if it ( delayed KO v Carlisle) was happening, shouldn't it?
Not sure I understand that Sarge. The Lionesses kick off at 11.30. Full time would be at 1.30 even with some added on time. If it goes to extra time then we'd get to 2.15 - even with pens it would be over before our game started - and presumably it would be on in the concourses (if any of the tellies are actually working!) for those who wanted to see the end if that happened - so no overlapping. It will give me something to listen to on the drive down to Oxford :)

They'd move *all* of the games if they were going to do that, and there is even a Prem game kicking off at 12.30 - so they aren't going to.

Not sure I understand that Sarge. The Lionesses kick off at 11.30. Full time would be at 1.30 even with some added on time. If it goes to extra time then we'd get to 2.15 - even with pens it would be over before our game started - and presumably it would be on in the concourses (if any of the tellies are actually working!) for those who wanted to see the end if that happened - so no overlapping. It will give me something to listen to on the drive down to Oxford :)

They'd move *all* of the games if they were going to do that, and there is even a Prem game kicking off at 12.30 - so they aren't going to.
oopsy - my crap maths let me down again, maths never my strong point - dunno how but I had it in mind that should there be extra time/ pens itd run past the kick off time v Carlisle .... cheers for putting me straight on it @ZeroTheHero - and hands up I got another one horribly wrong

oopsy - my crap maths let me down again, maths never my strong point - dunno how but I had it in mind that should there be extra time/ pens itd run past the kick off time v Carlisle .... cheers for putting me straight on it @ZeroTheHero - and hands up I got another one horribly wrong
I ran out of fingers and had to take my shoes and socks off to get it right, Sarge! ;)

So....Netherlands are out and it looks like Sweden will probably beat Japan ( although 37 minutes left so its not over yet)
It's a totally open WC.

So....Netherlands are out and it looks like Sweden will probably beat Japan ( although 37 minutes left so its not over yet)
It's a totally open WC.
Japan 'missed' a pen ... it is looking like Sweeden are going through

Japan 'missed' a pen ... it is looking like Sweeden are going through
It's a shame they missed from a neutral point of view, would have set up the last 15 mins brilliantly (and I'm currently working in the office of a Japanese company, so got to say that really). From a footballing view however, I thought it was an incredibly soft penalty, so perhaps justice it didn't go in.

I've enjoyed watching some of the games and the coverage has been decent, but Rachel Brown-Finnis is pure Alan Partridge on the punditry front. How has she got so many games?

How the hell did that not go in? Sweden certainly have the luck with them at the moment.

It's a shame they missed from a neutral point of view, would have set up the last 15 mins brilliantly (and I'm currently working in the office of a Japanese company, so got to say that really). From a footballing view however, I thought it was an incredibly soft penalty, so perhaps justice it didn't go in.
I’ve no idea how VAR didn’t overturn the penalty decision. There was no contact at all.

Just the 10mins of injury time. Game on...

I’ve no idea how VAR didn’t overturn the penalty decision. There was no contact at all.

It wasn’t a penalty and the miss was justice. I’m with Brown-Finnis on that one in that it was justice done.

Glad Japan got a legit goal regardless to make the end of the game an exciting finish.

Actually, pre-tournament they were somewhere between 28/1 and 33/1 and tenth favourite with the bookies.

It's only after people started watching them play that those odds have come in rapidly.

Well I called that one wrong.

Japan played that all wrong. As soon as they went on the attack they looked dangerous. The pen that Japan missed was karma - how VAR didn't overturn it I don't know. Mind you I thought the one Sweden were awarded and scored for 'handball' was probably right by the letter of the law, but it's the law that's wrong in this case!

Japan played that all wrong. As soon as they went on the attack they looked dangerous. The pen that Japan missed was karma - how VAR didn't overturn it I don't know. Mind you I thought the one Sweden were awarded and scored for 'handball' was probably right by the letter of the law, but it's the law that's wrong in this case!
VAR interference 'decisions' have, IMO, been something of a blight on these WWC finals, in the main.... and when VAR should have been used ( Japan pen) , it wasn't!

Back
Top Bottom