World Cup Women’s world cup

Much like the men’s equivalent team, Japan were technically a brilliant team. Skilful, made the right runs and played the right passes.

Where they fell down was on physicality (running through Wikipedia for the heights of the Swedish team and they’re conceding a good 3-4 inches in height overall) and understanding game management. There’s a naivety there and will hold Japan back until they sort it. Sweden looked a bit more agricultural at times but it worked since they could lump it long, into touch and hold Japan at bay.

Didn't see the Japan-Sweden game because it kicked off at 3am over here.

I did however watch the Netherlands-Spain game, because that started at a nice, civilized 9pm (it was presumably 'supposed' to be the US playing, if they hadn't been crap and finished behind the Dutch in the groups - so they manipulated the start time to suit us).

Spain absolutely battered them, at least for the first 90, and it would have been a thrashing if it weren't for some of the most abject finishing I've ever seen. Their midfield is outstanding - and not just the usual Spanish pinpoint passing, but picking the ball up and driving forward with it as well.

Obviously everyone has a shot at winning at this stage of the tournament, but Spain are my favourites now based on the games I've seen.

Also worth noting that there's going to be a new winner now.

All the past Champions (US x4, Germany x2, Japan & Norway) are on the golf course.

I’m surprised at how much better Australia are than France, despite the score line still being 0-0.

Of all the teams still in it, I’d hate them to win it though ….

Can't bury it though. Fowler's had a couple that have been well blocked.
I've got that sinking feeling that France will just put one in.

The keeper was off the line! Good VAR decision.
Yes, right call. Wish things were more consistent and less stacked against keepers though. The French earlier pen where she stopped dead in the run up should have been a retake. All adds to the drama though I guess, pretty good game and an epic ending. Looking forward to the England game now, will be a tough battle

Yes, right call. Wish things were more consistent and less stacked against keepers though. The French earlier pen where she stopped dead in the run up should have been a retake. All adds to the drama though I guess, pretty good game and an epic ending. Looking forward to the England game now, will be a tough battle
agree re retake ... and that VAR/ ref should've made France retake after the run up stop pen- inconsistent VAR , and it really shouldn't be!

Cmon you Lionessess

agree re retake ... and that VAR/ ref should've made France retake after the run up stop pen- inconsistent VAR , and it really shouldn't be!

Cmon you Lionessess
Well someone ought to pull Bruno Fernandez up, 😊

Back
Top Bottom