FA Cup 2023-24 FA Cup R1 Draw

Maidenhead at home Saturday afternoon what's not to like about that ( I hope it's not one of those stupid Sunday games where they just show the goals on BBC ) hopefully the club will be creative with ticketing prices get as many through the gate especially with our next Saturday home game the 16th December

Maidenhead at home Saturday afternoon what's not to like about that ( I hope it's not one of those stupid Sunday games where they just show the goals on BBC ) hopefully the club will be creative with ticketing prices get as many through the gate especially with our next Saturday home game the 16th December

Adults £10 and Kids for a £1 anywhere in the ground. Let's fill the ground with our future fanbase!

Away, and we'd definitely have been on TV.

But at home, should be straightforward progress even if we give a couple of players a rest.

Reckon the TV companies will show (in order of certainty):

Chesterfield vs. Pompey
Bromley vs. Blackpool
Hereford vs. Gillingham
Billericay or Sheppey vs. Walsall
Kidderminster vs. Fleetwood.

Could go with City/Scarborough vs. FGR, but I just wonder if they'll think FGR are too small themselves, and in rubbish form, for that to really count as a cupset.

They would have loved to show Wrexham, but not sure they'll be able to justify it when they're away to a fellow League Two club......

I’d have money on our game being moved to the Sunday. ‘High flying’ league 1 side against plucky non league oppo.

I’d have a sizeable amount on it not being on TV but also not being 3pm on the Saturday

I’d have money on our game being moved to the Sunday. ‘High flying’ league 1 side against plucky non league oppo.

I’d have a sizeable amount on it not being on TV but also not being 3pm on the Saturday
im working in Newquay that weekend .... cant remember who we played or the score- it was a non league side ( we won resoundingly) I got the hotel/ host venue chap on reception to put the U's 1st round fa cup game ( it was away) on- there was just me watching it, half twelve, or something like that, kick off- it was a few years ago now

same weekender ( Soul on Wax ), same venue at Newquay Victoria Legacy hotel this year....

They maybe non league but they're in the national League only 2 leagues below us, if it was away then possible TV coverage but no chance at home.

Kidderminster v Fleetwood
Cambridge v Bracknell
Bromley v Blackpool
Scarborough/ ox city v FGR
Bristol rovers v Chelmsford or Whitby
Billercay/ Sheppey v Walsall
Barnsley v Horsham
Marine v Harrogate
Charlton v Cray Valley
Ebbsfleet/Slough v Grimsby
Hereford v Gillingham
Chesterfield v Pompey

It will be 4 TV games from them I reckon

The ticket pricing for the Exeter game last year was spot on. Great result too!

I'd absolutely love a cup run this year.

They maybe non league but they're in the national League only 2 leagues below us, if it was away then possible TV coverage but no chance at home.

Cambridge v Bracknell
Bromley v Blackpool
Barnsley v Horsham
Marine v Harrogate
Charlton v Cray Valley
Hereford v Gillingham
Chesterfield v Pompey

Chesterfield v Pompey absolute certainty with Cook taking on his old club. Bromley v Blackpool another with the south v north and former FA Cup winners stuff etc. Can see the Charlton game getting the nod too as that’s potentially the biggest upset given the respective size of the clubs. Possibly the Hereford game too, anything to show the Ronnie Radford goal countless more times. That’s my predicted four for TV.

Away, and we'd definitely have been on TV.

But at home, should be straightforward progress even if we give a couple of players a rest.

Reckon the TV companies will show (in order of certainty):

Chesterfield vs. Pompey
Bromley vs. Blackpool
Hereford vs. Gillingham
Billericay or Sheppey vs. Walsall
Kidderminster vs. Fleetwood.

Could go with City/Scarborough vs. FGR, but I just wonder if they'll think FGR are too small themselves, and in rubbish form, for that to really count as a cupset.

They would have loved to show Wrexham, but not sure they'll be able to justify it when they're away to a fellow League Two club......
Re Wrexham, pretty sure they would have been picked for TV whoever they play.

Cambridge v Bracknell
Bromley v Blackpool
Barnsley v Horsham
Marine v Harrogate
Charlton v Cray Valley
Hereford v Gillingham
Chesterfield v Pompey

Like I said, I don’t think it will be on TV but will be one of the 6/7 games on the Sunday. Just a hunch.

That is an outrageous decision
You would sort of hope that OUFC would pick up the similarities of our situation and offer some support to Maidenhead.

At bare least, it should be worked into any media interviews so that the profile of the club, vis-a-vis the stadium, would be represented it news items

im working in Newquay that weekend .... cant remember who we played or the score- it was a non league side ( we won resoundingly) I got the hotel/ host venue chap on reception to put the U's 1st round fa cup game ( it was away) on- there was just me watching it, half twelve, or something like that, kick off- it was a few years ago now

same weekender ( Soul on Wax ), same venue at Newquay Victoria Legacy hotel this year....
Was it the Merstham game perchance?

Back
Top Bottom