FA Cup 2023-24 FA Cup R1 Draw

Cray Valley would be interesting but the ground holds 1k.

Not had a look but they must be the lowest ranked team in the competition.

There's actually three teams left from the 8th tier, and weirdly (given that there's eight parallel leagues at that tier) they all play in the Isthmian League South East Division (which is the same league as Merstham). They're all currently in the bottom half of the table too - although I suspect that's because they've all only played three league games because of their respective cup runs, whilst many of their competitors have already played eight!

Cray Valley Paper Mills, Ramsgate and Sheppey United.

Any one of them away from home would likely be a fun day out (for the hundred or so Oxford fans who could get tickets), a TV game and safe passage into the 2nd round!

Scarborough or City for me.

Scarborough away would be a great excuse for a weekend in Whitby or City for obvious reasons of being local.

Whitby would be great but Scarborough would do.

Whitby is a great tie for a little weekend away.
My neck of the woods, and I just so happen to be in the UK that weekend as well. So please somewhere north-eastern for me. York would also do it.

My neck of the woods, and I just so happen to be in the UK that weekend as well. So please somewhere north-eastern for me. York would also do it.

Lucky you! That north east coast line is a lovely part of the UK. I regularly visit Whitby, Robin Hoods Bay or go further up to Seahouses in Northumberland.

York would be another good one out of the hat today.

Whitby would be great but Scarborough would do.

Whitby is a great tie for a little weekend away.
Yep, I’d do a weekend in Whitby then a wick cycle to Robin Hood bay to wake me up on Sunday morning just to see if I could overtake the bus on the way out.

Good draws - any proper non league team home or away, Swindon, maybe any team that we have never played before who have come into the FL (Harrogate?). Chance of TV.

Average draws - any other league 2 club, winnable but not very exciting, maybe add Chesterfield, Oldham etc to this lot, played them plenty. Very little chance of tv.

s**t draws - any league one club, nothing interesting about playing a club from your own division plus they are obviously the best teams in it at this stage so harder fixtures even if we are better than most of them. Absolutely no chance of TV.

Obviously gradients within the groups due to location etc but I always think you can split it into these 3 groups.

Matches spread over Friday to Monday for TV coverage if chosen. Good chance it will be us if we get a decent draw along with Salford City of course who will get the prime spot

Don't understand why people want away days or glamour Tues.
Cash in is key for us so progression in the cup is important
The lowest ranked side at home, end of.
To be fair I wouldn't describe any tie at this stage as a glamour tie. A tie on TV at this point would be good for different reasons, it puts us in the national spotlight which is great for the stadium publicity, Wrexham (international spotlight) and of course will provide some tv revenue. Most ties we would get that would involve TV would be against lower opposition I am sure. Our away form is so good, I can see why people are thinking of good away days out too.

Don't understand why people want away days or glamour Tues.
Cash in is key for us so progression in the cup is important
The lowest ranked side at home, end of.

We should be able to beat the lowest ranked sides home or away?

Saying that both Oxford City and Bracknell town (who have spent £6.5 million doing up there facilities) have artificial pitches (might be some others), so despite being attractive ties likely to be on tv you always have worries about injuries on those.

Back
Top Bottom