FA Cup 2023-24 FA Cup R1 Draw

I was excited by the draw and looking forward to the game. I hoped the club would try and encourage a good crowd through marketing and bigging up the local game aspect (well to me it is!) but upon logging in and seeing how many stands they are opening and therefore they are expecting a low turnout, that in itself is what’s turned me off. Not that I can’t have my seat, but that from the outset the club are not arsed then it’s made me feel the same, it’s just rubs off on you. If they made a big deal about it I would have been straight in there

I'm don't normally like "kids for a quid" promotion. But surely this is the ideal match. Open up the North Stand for families, kids £1.
Extend this offer to Maidenhead as well, you never know, with Maidenhead not that far away, we might convert the odd family to being an Oxford supporter.
If you are going to open up only a few blocks then surely you would generally choose the most popular blocks. So why is block 8 corner of SSL and block 9, corner of SSU being open. The view from block 8 is terrible, some of the seats in there are probably behind the goal line.

The corner block of SSU is used for players and their families. Block 8 SSL also has club employees, turnstile operators etc and many concession tickets.

I've been in touch with the club to share this and other feedback.
Communications will be updated today to provide clearer information.
Information on buses will also be provided later today.
Is there any further update on this please?

Ideally this would be confirmed well in advance of the early bird discount ending.

That pre-season Trophy/Shield we used to play for can't have been much smaller and that was in the 80s/90s. The Oxfordshire Charity Shield or whatever it was called.
Oxfordshire Benevolent Cup? I wonder what happened to that... Probably lost it during the move to The Kassam...

A match report from Brighton celebrating their win in the Benevolent Cup... 🤣

How many people do you think will attend, even if all stands were open?

We had 3,600 against Exeter in the second round last season. I would think that we'll do well to get 3,000 against Maidenhead in the first round this year.

So it's not the club that are devaluing the competition, it's them responding to reduced demand. Are we as fans are devaluing the competition by not turning up?

It's not been managed well though poor communication, which is an ongoing problem. But let's not make this into something It's not.

Limiting areas of where to purchase tickets in the ground has a huge impact on the take up of demand in my opinion.

I was going to attend and bring a couple of newbies with me who are under 6 and go in the family section of the North Stand but I can't as the club have decided not to open the whole stand .

So now I don't know wether I can be arsed to attend either if the club can't be arsed about trying to fill the ground.

Limiting areas of where to purchase tickets in the ground has a huge impact on the take up of demand in my opinion.

I was going to attend and bring a couple of newbies with me who are under 6 and go in the family section of the North Stand but I can't as the club have decided not to open the whole stand .

So now I don't know wether I can be arsed to attend either if the club can't be arsed about trying to fill the ground.

It will be a lower attended game, why not take the opportunity to try a different area of the ground?

Is there any further update on this please?

Ideally this would be confirmed well in advance of the early bird discount ending.
This any use?

This any use?

It is, thank you.

Genuinely could not see it on the news site when I checked a couple hours ago.

A match report from Brighton celebrating their win in the Benevolent Cup... 🤣

Bit silly of their player to headbutt Jeremy Charles' elbow.

It will be a lower attended game, why not take the opportunity to try a different area of the ground?
It would be good if the club could confirm if they are doing a make shift ‘family area’ in the SSL for this game. It is a good game for parents to bring their little ones to and a way of getting the next generation hooked.

IMO, the way the club have gone about the whole ticketing for this game has been a shambles and I really do hope they learn from this.

It would be good if the club could confirm if they are doing a make shift ‘family area’ in the SSL for this game. It is a good game for parents to bring their little ones to and a way of getting the next generation hooked.

IMO, the way the club have gone about the whole ticketing for this game has been a shambles and I really do hope they learn from this.
The FA Cup is the time of tinfoil and cardboard FA Cups and youngsters looking for that special event. Without doubt, a shambles.

Bit silly of their player to headbutt Jeremy Charles' elbow.
Yeah, but you've got to feel a bit sorry for their goalkeeper...

Seconds from time Gary Briggs netted the equaliser.

Albion protested that Briggs, Charles and Shotton had all bundled into the unfortunate Perry Digweed, but the goal stood.

Getting caught in the middle of a Briggs, Shotton, Charles sandwich? Ouch!

Apart from phoning the club how do you find out if your season ticket seat is sold?

Back
Top Bottom