Current Player #19 Tyler Goodrham

Two well taken goals on Saturday. I do think the keeper will be disappointed with the first though, centre of the goal, nice height, I think he’s got to be better positioned to tip that one over.

Hopefully O"Donker will bang one in soon and go on a similar upwards trajectory.

I'd say yes for Tyler.

But while GOD looks a great prospect - his finishing does need to improve before he's going to be a great League One striker.

I would hope we're going to bring in two solid League One strikers over the summer.
In which case, Gatlin would be better served going and starting every week in the Conference - practise hitting the back of the net in a league where he's going to get a bit more time and space for his chances. Would serve his development better than the occasional substitute appearance in League One + starts in the Pizza Trophy.
I think he has real pace, great acceleration and power......come on a lot since last year an reminds me a lot of Shandon Baptiste with a bit of George Lawrence. Hs maybe a couple of goals away from starting. Needs to stick around and fight for his place and re-evaluate in Jan

I think he has real pace, great acceleration and power......come on a lot since last year an reminds me a lot of Shandon Baptiste with a bit of George Lawrence. Hs maybe a couple of goals away from starting. Needs to stick around and fight for his place and re-evaluate in Jan
What about the couple of goals v Charlton ?

What about the couple of goals v Charlton ?

I think Falmouth is talking about GOD, as he resurrected a post of mine from April where I said that Tyler should stay with us and play, but GOD should be loaned out to get more game time and finishing practise.

Honestly, I'm in two minds now as to whether that's still true.
GOD has shown that he's an absolute beast and a great asset to come on and kill a game in the last ten minutes.
But I still think that he needs game time to really fulfill his massive potential, and I'm not sure he's going to get enough here - especially as we've now signed Perkins, and even more so if we sign another forward tomorrow.

To be sure.
Tyler’s Irish, so he is.
I bet he’s been given the nod by the Irish FA that they’re interested. He‘ll be in the next Ireland u21 squad. And slightly off topic, but as many predicted, Mark Sykes has only got one ROI cap, and he won’t get many more. I never really warmed to him. Seemed to rate himself vvv highly.

I think Falmouth is talking about GOD, as he resurrected a post of mine from April where I said that Tyler should stay with us and play, but GOD should be loaned out to get more game time and finishing practise.

Honestly, I'm in two minds now as to whether that's still true.
GOD has shown that he's an absolute beast and a great asset to come on and kill a game in the last ten minutes.
But I still think that he needs game time to really fulfill his massive potential, and I'm not sure he's going to get enough here - especially as we've now signed Perkins, and even more so if we sign another forward tomorrow.
I'd send GoD out on loan to national league level. Makes complete sense especially if we sign another striker. The beauty if the National League is that we can recall at short notice. He may also be able to have multiple loans (can someone confirm?).

Yes, he's probably above that level already, but he could easily play somewhere for a month or two, get 10 games in him and come back, as opposed to losing him for 6 month to a league two team.

I'd send GoD out on loan to national league level. Makes complete sense especially if we sign another striker. The beauty if the National League is that we can recall at short notice. He may also be able to have multiple loans (can someone confirm?).

Yes, he's probably above that level already, but he could easily play somewhere for a month or two, get 10 games in him and come back, as opposed to losing him for 6 month to a league two team.

I believe it is a FIFA rule that a player can only play for two teams in a given season (with the only exception being if there'e overlapping leagues involved i.e. a winter league, and then a transfer to a summer league such as Ireland or the US).

So given that GOD has already played for us this season, the only way you could do multiple short term loans is if they were to the same club.

So given that GOD has already played for us this season, the only way you could do multiple short term loans is if they were to the same club.
...or if he went way down the pyramid I believe, which of course won't happen. Anyone know how far the '2 teams' rule goes down?

I guess Ireland are going back to the Jack Charlton model in a bid to be relevant internationally again? I think Tyler got his Irish citizenship on the back of having an Irish grandmother didn't he?

I can absolutely understand why he would do it - having U21 international football on your CV is going to look great at your next contract negotiation; and it's not like it stops you switching back to England if your career really takes off.

But it must be a bit galling for the Irish lads that have worked their way up through the various youth levels to suddenly have this English kid rock up and take one of the U21 squad places.......

I guess Ireland are going back to the Jack Charlton model in a bid to be relevant internationally again? I think Tyler got his Irish citizenship on the back of having an Irish grandmother didn't he?

I can absolutely understand why he would do it - having U21 international football on your CV is going to look great at your next contract negotiation; and it's not like it stops you switching back to England if your career really takes off.

But it must be a bit galling for the Irish lads that have worked their way up through the various youth levels to suddenly have this English kid rock up and take one of the U21 squad places.......
maybe thats how he picked up the hip injury?

Back
Top Bottom