Current Player #19 Tyler Goodrham

agree , Goodrham should be starting more games

with Brannagans injury last night and Bate carrying a knock , perhaps young Goodrham will indeed be starting a few games

He should have been starting a couple of months ago ....and he is 19 hardly 16/17 .
Time to shine

agree , Goodrham should be starting more games

with Brannagans injury last night and Bate carrying a knock , perhaps young Goodrham will indeed be starting a few games
Problem is with those injuries and any lack of meaningful cover in central midfield, will he actually get the chance to play in his own position?

Yesterday was the first time I thought he’s simply good, rather than a promising youngster. He may not do as well if on from the start however

Yesterday was the first time I thought he’s simply good, rather than a promising youngster. He may not do as well if on from the start however
Maybe not every match but deserves a run of games ....Wildshutt , Murphy, Bodin , Henry have all done poorly but given gametime ( if available, fit , bothered etc )

I did think he fitted well as a wing back. Could easily see that becoming his position longer term.

Maybe not every match but deserves a run of games ....Wildshutt , Murphy, Bodin , Henry have all done poorly but given gametime ( if available, fit , bothered etc )

2nd half last night, I thought Wildschutt had a real impact. Even in the 1st half, Barnsley were doubling up on players marking him, but he overcame that regularly in the 2nd half to get down the wing. Still a long way to go but for me, he is starting to show promise to be a good signing.

2nd half last night, I thought Wildschutt had a real impact. Even in the 1st half, Barnsley were doubling up on players marking him, but he overcame that regularly in the 2nd half to get down the wing. Still a long way to go but for me, he is starting to show promise to be a good signing.
Agree he did cause them problems
He does go past players and his best moment last night was when he got to the byline and put a really good cross to Joseph who miscontrolled it

A word for Goodrham last night, because he scored the goal that sparked us into life and was, in my view, the best player on the park until he went off.

He plays with such maturity, despite having the skill and pace to beat a player he knows when to stick and play safe, and when to twist. A very effective presser off the ball too.

He’s some talent and spoke very well after the game too. A credit to himself and the club, and a player with some future in yellow. Well done Tyler!

i do find the "he's one of our own" a bit weird - he's a wycombe lad who started at Reading.

i do find the "he's one of our own" a bit weird - he's a wycombe lad who started at Reading.
Alright, granted he wasn't born at the JR and probably doesn't have ancestory in Oxfordshire going back to the Doomsday book. However, he has been with our youth set up since aged 15/16 I think and that in my book qualifies him 'as one of our own'!!

Although he's from High Wycombe, he's one of our own, at least from aged 15 - 16 years old until now, he's one of our own, apart from the time at Reading, Tyler Goodrham, he's one of our own.

Spurs fans sing that about Kane when he was pictured in an Arsenal shirt.

I'm fully willing to accept Tyler as one of our own. I'm a Londoner not from Oxford but a massive Oxford fan.

One thing I've said on the POTS thread but I'll mention again is the attitude of Tyler has been fantastic.

He's gone on loan and proved himself. He's patiently waited for his chance. When he has had his chances, he has seized them. His work rate in games is second to none, I take particular attention to his tracking-back, his is an absolute workhorse. He speaks fantastically to the media and so clearly has his feet on the ground. He doesn't even have a public Instagram.

We should be holding this man up as a role-model to all the lads in the academy. Work hard, believe in yourself, trust your ability, and those chances come.

Tyler's development has been a bright spark in a very bleak season. Gatlin might make this same step next season if he adds goals to his games.

Well played Tyler. Can we bottle your enthusiasm and energy please?

Fingers-crossed your a**e-strain isn't too serious.

Back
Top Bottom