Current Player Tyler Goodrham

Sounds like he’s off shortly to the National League on loan with an eye to being a first team player here next summer.

Sounds like he’s off shortly to the National League on loan with an eye to being a first team player here next summer.

Good - needs to play regularly at a decent level if he's going to fulfill his promise. Hopefully they can find a national league team that plays at least a bit of football.

Unless KR is planning on playing him regularly (as opposed to the odd five minute cameo), which doesn't seem to be the case in 22/23, then he's going to stagnate here.

Probably the one youth teamer that doesn't NEED to go out on loan and who could hold his own in the senior squad across the season, but no objection to him getting more game time at a decent level, perhaps up to Christmas...

I think Tyler is turning the corner from potential into becoming a serious contender for being in starting elevens. He is something of an unknown quantity in League One, his close ball control, passing and movement and eye for goal should mean he gets plenty of chances to show what he can do, particularly when most of Karl's team are in the treatment room.

Another impressive side to him is he seems to have a good head on his shoulders, and speaks from the heart not yet being a media trained robot. If this season is going to be mid-table obscurity Tyler and O'Donkor showing what they can do, along with hopefully a new manager and some new senior players, could really get people in the mood to snap up season tickets next season.

I think Tyler is turning the corner from potential into becoming a serious contender for being in starting elevens. He is something of an unknown quantity in League One, his close ball control, passing and movement and eye for goal should mean he gets plenty of chances to show what he can do, particularly when most of Karl's team are in the treatment room.

Another impressive side to him is he seems to have a good head on his shoulders, and speaks from the heart not yet being a media trained robot. If this season is going to be mid-table obscurity Tyler and O'Donkor showing what they can do, along with hopefully a new manager and some new senior players, could really get people in the mood to snap up season tickets next season.
doubt therell be a new manager - agree with the rest though

What do you think Tyler/O'Donkor need to add to their games in terms of skills, bulking up etc? Both already have the look of experienced players at times about them. Very impressed.
maybe a bit more 'nous' ? - which comes with first team game time - and they're both fast learners- I too have been impressed with both of them

maybe a bit more 'nous' ? - which comes with first team game time - and they're both fast learners- I too have been impressed with both of them
Being loaned out to Conference sides already put him in good stead dealing with tight grotty grounds and rough teams...good team selection last night.

One of the things about the injuries particularly Murphy and Baldock, is that Goodrham and O'Donkor have had a lot of game time this season and have probably developed quicker than planned.
With the Youth Team now we are looking to develop players able to potentially play in the Championship now. I could see Goodrham and O'Donkor potentially capable of stepping up to that level by the time we go up.
Exciting times with the young players starting to come through

One of the things about the injuries particularly Murphy and Baldock, is that Goodrham and O'Donkor have had a lot of game time this season and have probably developed quicker than planned.
With the Youth Team now we are looking to develop players able to potentially play in the Championship now. I could see Goodrham and O'Donkor potentially capable of stepping up to that level by the time we go up.
Exciting times with the young players starting to come through

We could of had the same, minus the £6000 a week outlay, by just not signing Baldock and Murphy though so while it’s a nice silver lining it’s got a downside.

Being loaned out to Conference sides already put him in good stead dealing with tight grotty grounds and rough teams...good team selection last night.
Loaning to the conference probably is crucial as part of the "toughening up" process judging by what our time down there was like. Gatlin looks quite physical already.

Loaning to the conference probably is crucial as part of the "toughening up" process judging by what our time down there was like. Gatlin looks quite physical already.
Gaitlan played 4 times for Oxford City while Tyler 23 in all for Hayes as well as Slough ....both in the Conference South .
Playing in and around the first team, getting into good habits, seeing the standard required as well as just being good players helps just as much .

For me, GO'D's only issue is one of stamina. Love the way he stands up to, and battles opposing centre backs, even proper League One ogres like the guy at Bolton, but he does seem to fade after 45-60 minutes.
That'll come with game time and experience, so I would be wanting him to play a signficant role with the first team squad over the next couple of months, rotating with Matty T.

Goodrham, for me, has a little ways to go. Clearly has plenty of ability, and a cracking finish on him, but he does drift in and out of games and he tackles like Paul Scholes!
I would love to have him playing every week for a conference club (someone like Woking would be perfect, and he would be a significant upgrade for them over Lofthouse) so he gets more experience coming up against professional defenders.

We could of had the same, minus the £6000 a week outlay, by just not signing Baldock and Murphy though so while it’s a nice silver lining it’s got a downside.
That's really easy in retrospect!
You never know which young players are going to make it.
Good news that these 2 appear to be able to

Goodrham is also a firm favourite of Karl. Someone I know who was involved in the youth system as he was coming through said he always got special treatment, and the reaction after his goal at Cambridge suggests he won’t struggle to find his way into Robinsons plans.

Goodrham, for me, has a little ways to go. Clearly has plenty of ability, and a cracking finish on him, but he does drift in and out of games and he tackles like Paul Scholes!

Paul Scholes’ tackle you say?

e71700f4e19b7b8d3278965011fff823.jpg

Back
Top Bottom